x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Help about editing weapon textures/skins

Created 10th July 2014 @ 19:40

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Griffin

I want to add my flag and my nickname on (for example) my rocket launcher (for movies, not to play). I installed GCFScape and open my “tf2_textures_dir.vpk” file with it. And after I found the “v_rocketlauncher01” file, I extracted it to a new folder and I edited it with Adobe Photoshop CS3 as I want. Untill this situation everything was okay but I can’t replace this vtf file (v_rocketlauncher01) with the old one in GCFScape program in tf2_textures_dir.vpk. It just lets me to extract the file, not to do other things like editing the file.

Anyone knows how to do this edit, can help me?

I watched all of this videos ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1tlShnI9qA&index=16&list=PL5FA4D17F823C06B3) to learn this but I think problem is about steampipe that I should know for replacing the new files.

Last edited by Griffin,

Griffin

anyone can add me to help about this or is it impossible to edit .dir (vpk) files after steampipe updates to tf2?

feeling

ist doof

Put the modified file in custom / xxx / materials / models / weapons / v_rocketlauncher.

Griffin

Quoted from feeling

Put the modified file in custom / xxx / materials / models / weapons / v_rocketlauncher.

I tried it too, same skin still. (in demo file or in a map, not a server)

Phnx

Quoted from Griffin

[…]

I tried it too, same skin still. (in demo file or in a map, not a server)

I am pretty sure you can no longer add anything custom in sv_pure 2 servers/even demos.

Griffin

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
I am pretty sure you can no longer add anything custom in sv_pure 2 servers/even demos.

shit, it’s bad then… :S I can’t add skybox too, it is because of sv_pure shits then..

Phnx

Yep.
shame
I remember playing on the esea config, and it worked fine.

hr

Is openplugin still a thing? Couldn’t you install it just for offline stuff or something like that? I wouldn’t do it on a main account but some kind of plugin would surely work right?

Griffin

I tried it again. It doesn’t work on first person view demos, servers but It works with STV demos. Interesting…

Last edited by Griffin,

Add A Reply Pages: 1