x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

I should be able to run my game at a high res

Created 25th June 2014 @ 11:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1

konr

I have an i5 2500k 3.3GHz (not overclocked) and a Radeon HD 7770 with 4GB of DDR3 RAM. By no means is this is a good computer but surely I should be able to consistently pull 120+ frames on 1920×1080 shouldn’t I? At the moment whenever I try that sort of res I get anything from 80-300 and it jumps around a lot.

The point of this thread is to get some advice for settings I could use that may maximise the FPS I get on that res with a setup like mine.

Griffin

Actually, you should run it at stable 120+ fps without any fps lost and jumps. But about this situation I blame the TF2 updates for about 6 months.

Because I have a pc that is like very similar to yours. I was getting 200+ stable fps before some updates and then even with the lowest graphics settings I get 50-500 and the fps jumps around like a bitch, I don’t get it too…

If someone know its solution, it will be good for me too. Otherwise, already #f*ckTF2.

(sorry for my bad english)

OC your cpu, dipshit.

In all seriousness you should be able to get at least 4-4.2 with (near) standard voltage

Edit: also try to run at 1280×720. The image is not as crisp but everything else should b fine.

Last edited by Solid,

konr

Quoted from Solid

OC your cpu, dipshit.

In all seriousness you should be able to get at least 4-4.2 with (near) standard voltage

Edit: also try to run at 1280×720. The image is not as crisp but everything else should b fine.

Also I have a stock cooler and it gets relatively hot as it is.

Lupus

L_?

cap your fps at 121 or 132 and you won’t feel the fps drops as much

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

You can overclock on stock volts, wont raise temps. There’s also a CM Hyper 212 which is decent for the price.

konr

Also if I was to use 1920×1080 it’d be purely to eliminate input lag as I’ve read that not using native res contributes slightly to it.

AnimaL

Quoted from konr

The point of this thread is to get some advice for settings I could use that may maximise the FPS I get on that res with a setup like mine.

Forget about fullhd on that gpu
or
Use dx9 cfg from chris.

konr

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]Forget about fullhd on that gpu
or
Use dx9 cfg from chris.

What would the dx9 config do for me? I’m playing on maxframes as it is.

AnimaL

then ur pc is fucked

Add A Reply Pages: 1