x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Uber Tracking Mod

Created 5th June 2014 @ 18:58

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Vaskie

BulletClub

Not sure if everyone is aware, but some people might not visit the TeamFortress.tv forums so i thought i would post here.

A few people made a mod that essentially tracks the Uber/Kritz of the other team.

Thread: http://teamfortress.tv/thread/17883/uber-tracking-hud-mod/

I made a few changes myself thanks to Khan and kinda made it more neat and easy for me to read while playing.

The medics job can be a hard one, keeping up with the uber advantages/disadvantages, having good positioning, knowing the general health of the team, and when to pop or not. Thankfully, a lot of these are easier nowadays thanks to the help of a lot of great people, be it the Medic Radar that helps you know the health of your team mates as well as their positions, or the uber tracking mod that lets you focus on your game instead of having the count the uber all the time.

When i saw the whole thread i thought of a few examples that would be exactly what i would had always imagined if Valve was to ever implement it, or even someone from the community.

I gave it a general go at editing the hud by myself and pretty much came up with nothing. It was all too confusing to me to be honest so i took open drawing a few examples in Photoshop first.

The following examples are using eveHUD, and certain elements might not be up to scale as it was a rush job in photoshop

Example 1
Example 2 – As the Yellow bar is filling (Kritz), the White bar (Uber) is filling on top.

Khan has been an absolute champ and has helped me not only understand the whole HUD editing, but made me be able to do it by myself.

Now, unfortunately i am not very good at this whole HUD editing thing, so the final result is not exactly what i pictured, but it’s close enough.

Final Result

If anyone wants the HUD just give me a shout and i can provide you it, it works perfectly in 1920×1080 and uses the fonts from eveHUD.

If someone was to be able to accomplish the result of the 2nd example it would be great but it might be a little bit to difficult.

Many thanks to everyone that made this possible. I am one happy medic :)

Zangetsu

4SKINGS

apparently people are too lazy to know when enemy team has an uber

ondkaja

.:[aAa]:.

it disappears when you die so the only time when it’s useful is to know how well you have built after an uber exchange

hr

Just like rocket jump scripts it’s just a crutch for bad players

Add A Reply Pages: 1