x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Can't record any demos since last update

Created 6th May 2014 @ 18:57

Add A Reply Pages: 1

MEGAMIDDIE

Since last update I think a couple weeks ago, I haven’t been able to record demos without massive stuttering and crashes. It’s not to do with p-rec as it happens when I record manually aswell.

Anyone sharing the problem or solutions?

Tseini

Damn!
LIETUVA

Have you tried to record manually short demo and stop it,then record demo again?

MEGAMIDDIE

Quoted from Tseini

Have you tried to record manually short demo and stop it,then record demo again?

Yeah. I’ve done this when I get invisible players, making a short demo stopping then re recording. Hasn’t had any effect other than stopping the invisible players…

I just checked my demos folder actually, there’s nothing in there at all, so it seems like no demos ever were saved in the first place, although my marks are there. Could that be a clue to the problem??

quintosh

ITIFY
op_sqd

give a demo to a friend and see if he can run it?
if yes,
cap fps
try verifying integrity of game cache
mat_queue_mode 0
check if you have addons/useless textures installed

if not,
reinstall tf2

Edit: just read your last post, are even manually “recorded” demos not appearing?

Last edited by quintosh,

MEGAMIDDIE

Quoted from quintosh

Edit: just read your last post, are even manually “recorded” demos not appearing?

nope

reinstalling has fixed it though. Shame though got no demos from my past 4 teams or so ;((

Last edited by MEGAMIDDIE,

Add A Reply Pages: 1