x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

P-REC customization

Created 28th April 2014 @ 09:58

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Vaan

I know there is already a thread above about prec, but this is kind of a specific topic. So you see, I use a specific set of binds on pubs, and different ones on highlander. Is it possible to have a comp cfg with binds execute when the match starts (just like the record demo command is executed with its respective chat message) and the pub cfg execute when it ends (just like the stop command, and its respective chat message)?

Spike Himself

TC

Not without custom plugins, but you can make binds for it.

doks

bind whatever key you want to public.cfg and then another one to HL.cfg ?
and exec when needed.

people are getting too lazy and want the game to do everything for them :D

Last edited by doks,

Vaan

Quoted from doks

bind whatever key you want to public.cfg and then another one to HL.cfg ?
and exec when needed.

people are getting too lazy and want the game to do everything for them :D

That is what I already do, but given the chance to automatize it, why wouldn’t I want it? (yes I’m lazy don’t judge me D:)

Quoted from Spike Himself

Not without custom plugins, but you can make binds for it.

As for these custom plugins, how can I get around making one? I can understand the prec plugin detects whenever a tournament mode match starts to trigger the commands, so if I based myself on it I should be able to make an extension.

I know a decent amount of java and c, c++ shouldn’t be hard to figure. Unless some kind soul does it ahead of me, I’ll be pursuing this and will post in this thread when ready (hopefully).

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Vaan

As for these custom plugins, how can I get around making one? I can understand the prec plugin detects whenever a tournament mode match starts to trigger the commands, so if I based myself on it I should be able to make an extension.

I know a decent amount of java and c, c++ shouldn’t be hard to figure. Unless some kind soul does it ahead of me, I’ll be pursuing this and will post in this thread when ready (hopefully).

You will need to write this in C, and it’s probably not all that hard to do, but for it to actually work you need Valve to sign it, otherwise you can only use it in insecure mode.

Vaan

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

You will need to write this in C, and it’s probably not all that hard to do, but for it to actually work you need Valve to sign it, otherwise you can only use it in insecure mode.

I see, so P-rec is valve approved then? Didn’t know. Well, I’ll still give it a shot, and then see what I can do about it.

ondkaja

.:[aAa]:.

Quoted from Vaan

[…]

I see, so P-rec is valve approved then? Didn’t know. Well, I’ll still give it a shot, and then see what I can do about it.

Yes, and it is the only plug-in for TF2 that Valve has ever approved. Good luck though!

alba

duplo

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Yes, and it is the only plug-in for TF2 that Valve has ever approved. Good luck though!

Dreams shattered

lazyluk

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

well that’s done.

Add A Reply Pages: 1