x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Function keys on VAIO laptops acting wierd

Created 19th February 2014 @ 19:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Carlos Kaiser

Hey, i have a Sony VAIO laptop, and several combinations of the function keys that are supposed to mute, decrease or increase the PC volume provide unexpected results in tf2.

Function key+F2 results in moving right (currently bound to D)
Function key+F3 results in opening the second voice menu (currently bound to C)
Function key+F4 makes my loadout switch to the “B” preset (currently bound to B)

F2, F3 and F4 aren’t bound to anything in tf2, which is running in fullscreen with dx 8.1.

The problem is there when the service which is supposed to show an overlay of the current sound level when i change it, called “VAIO event service” works incorrectly. (So i either get the overlay, or the tf2 actions i wasn’t supposed to make). Tried to disable the service, got the same results as when the service was running, but working incorrectly.

Thank you.

Sash

PF

Keyboard handling is complicated, so the service is probably remapping your function keys to some weird shortcut so that they are easier to catch. You probably can’t change that.

Add A Reply Pages: 1