x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

TF2 sometimes delays keyboard commands.

Created 23rd January 2014 @ 17:48

Add A Reply Pages: 1

unu

So this thing happened yesterday where my TF2 got switched to Portal. (read more about it here) http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3219589

Anyway after I fixed that shit I had to download 6.7 gb of data for TF2 and since that the game sometimes delays my key pressings by several seconds. It usually lasts between 1 and 5 seconds, if I press down a key nothing will happen for a few seconds and then I will move, jump or whatever. Same with shooting but I can move my mouse around and by that I can to some extent “control” my movement.

It’s really annoying and my friend said that he had the same problem so I was wondering if anyone else has this issue and if they know how to fix it. I haven’t tried reinstalling yet because I was hoping there was some easy fix.

rviens

Quoted from unu

So this thing happened yesterday where my TF2 got switched to Portal. (read more about it here) http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3219589

Anyway after I fixed that shit I had to download 6.7 gb of data for TF2 and since that the game sometimes delays my key pressings by several seconds. It usually lasts between 1 and 5 seconds, if I press down a key nothing will happen for a few seconds and then I will move, jump or whatever. Same with shooting but I can move my mouse around and by that I can to some extent “control” my movement.

It’s really annoying and my friend said that he had the same problem so I was wondering if anyone else has this issue and if they know how to fix it. I haven’t tried reinstalling yet because I was hoping there was some easy fix.

Are you by any chance using windowed mode? If so turn it off, see if that helps. I had a similar problem with mouse and keyboard and I just switched back to fullscreen it worked.

quintosh

ITIFY
op_sqd

Quoted from rviens

[…]

Are you by any chance using windowed mode? If so turn it off, see if that helps. I had a similar problem with mouse and keyboard and I just switched back to fullscreen it worked.

that

unu

Sure, I’ll try that, it’s just weird that I haven’t had this problem before.

stabby stabby

Try “in_usekeyboardsampletime 0”.

You might also want to try plugging your keyboard into a different USB port.

Add A Reply Pages: 1