x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

4Plug

Created 24th October 2013 @ 19:34

Add A Reply Pages: 1

four

What is this?
4Plug is a tool to manage plugins for team fortress 2. It supports multiple types of plugins (huds, hitsounds, VPKs, .dll Addons, unsupported) and can update them. Plugin developers can also script settings windows (see documentation link below) and make theirs plugins easily configurable, settings will be applied after an update!

You can drag ‘n’ drop .zip plugins onto 4Plug and it’ll install them for you!
You can install plugins from http://4plug.fwdcp.nethere[/url] with one click!

You generally don’t need to make any changes to your plugin for it to work, if you want to learn what you can do with if for 4plug check out my (a bit outdated :/) documentation!
documentation for developers

Feel free to give any feedback you want!

Steam group for all my tf2 releated projects
My twitter for updates and talking

Screenshot:
Main window.

Custom settings menu for goat_ hud.

Download for Windows:
latest Windows release

Download for Linux/Mac
latest Linux/Mac release (requires Mono!)

Note that his is a Windows application but can be run on other systems via the mono framework. You can install it here or on some linux distros in the software center. The application will look emulated or glichy but works perfectly fine. Auto-updates aren’t implemented for the mono version yet but you will get a message whenever a new version is available :)

Double-click the run.sh if you’re using linux and run.command if you are using a mac.

star_ duck and quake hitsound with thumbnails

Last edited by four,

Phnx

can you add your own huds/hitsounds to arrange them?
edit: nvm

Last edited by Phnx,

four

Quoted from Phnx

can you add your own huds/hitsounds to arrange them?

I talked to goat_ and quartz and I’m pretty sure they’ll add the stuff for their next updates. I don’t see a problem with sharing the hitsounds, I updated the post!

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

lovely, hud switching made easy

Spike Himself

TC

Looks sick, impressive work!

four

Update v1.02
– Added 2 controls and a new scripting system to the settings to make more advanced options. They are not completely finished, I’m also gonna update the documentation when it is! You can see them in action in Goat_ hud 2.0 which will be released later tonight!

The linux/mac version will be ready in a couple of days as well!

note that the name of the executable name was changed from TF2PlugInstaller.exe to 4Plug.exe

four

Update 1.03
– Added support for Linux/Mac

four

Update 1.1
Additions
– Added a Plugin Gallery Website
– Added sppi:// protocol
– Added updates via a custom server, hosted by tsc
– Added “(ESC to close)” text to the text viewer
– Made a plugin gallery http://4plug.fwdcp.nethere[/url]

Linux/Mac
– Fixed folder button for vpks opening the file
– Added a Win7-ish button design
– Added auto updater

Settings:
– Fixed GlobalCheckBox not saving it’s property value properly

Other:
– Fixed folders always having ” – Copy”
– Fixed plugins not installing if a folder with the zip’s name already existed

I’ll add instructions how to get auto updates for your plugin and a spot in the gallery tomorrow.

Add A Reply Pages: 1