x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Rubberbanding...

Created 20th June 2013 @ 19:56

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Freddy

Seriously, ever since the Steampipe update my game has been doing this, and it’s unplayable at 50% of the servers I go to. Ping is fine, loss is fine, choke is fine. I’ve tried all kinds of rates and net settings from low to high and back and forth, and nothing helps.

And it’s getting worse and worse. Right now it’s 80% of every server I go to where it happens. I’m teleporting back and forth, stuttering, and it feels like I bump into spies that in fact aren’t there every 5th second. Aiming, moving, jumping, all kinds of advanced mobility – everything becomes impossible with this godsforsaken rubberbanding everywhere I go. Is there seriously not any way to fucking fix this goddamn bullshit, apart from waiting for Valve to fix it, which will never happen? The game is unplayable right now. I’ve tried every possible thing, and I’m so sick of it. Please, for gods sake someone tell me there is a way to fix this by myself.

TF2 is the only game where this happens.

(The first one who dares telling me to verify and reinstall will get a cut-off head in their mailbox tomorrow)

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Have you tried verifying and restarting?

ryse

encore

I had this problem with fullscreen mode, try windowed mode.

Freddy

Quoted from ryse

I had this problem with fullscreen mode, try windowed mode.

Tried, didn’t solve it…

ash

(Legend)
Pander

whose head?

Freddy

Quoted from ash

whose head?

Yours.

I know that expecting the majority of the responses on the etf2l forums to be constructive is like expecting a sloth to win a marathon, but can people PLEASE just shut up if they aren’t trying to help? This problem is getting more and more frustrating, and right now I’m seriously NOT in the mood to deal with people who feel the need to show off their funnybone and increase their e-penis right now….

AnimaL

never seen teleporting to be something else than internet/routing issue or servert lag… just sayin

ondkaja

.:[aAa]:.

Do you have a crouch jump script installed? Some people have weird lags when they crouch jump.

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from Freddy

[…]

Yours.

I know that expecting the majority of the responses on the etf2l forums to be constructive is like expecting a sloth to win a marathon, but can people PLEASE just shut up if they aren’t trying to help? This problem is getting more and more frustrating, and right now I’m seriously NOT in the mood to deal with people who feel the need to show off their funnybone and increase their e-penis right now….

Pretty sure the problem is your PC.

Freddy

Quoted from AnimaL

never seen teleporting to be something else than internet/routing issue or servert lag… just sayin

That is what I think is so odd as well, because neither have I. But this is not happening for me in any other online game, it’s only TF2. And despite net_graph showing my ping, choke, loss and rates to be completely fine, it still happens. It’s not exactly teleporting in that sense though, it’s more like you’re going in one direction, and then it’s like the server is “guessing” where you are and puts you back to that spot in a fast and fluid, and yet a sudden motion – like a rubberband getting stretched, then you release it and it flies back. A lot of people reported a similar issue right after Steampipe was released I think, but Valve were quick with a patch and that seemed to fix it for 95% of the “victims”, while doing nothing or even making it worse for the rest.

Right now, I have seen only a few people reporting this issue, but the ones who do all seem to have the exact same symptoms as me.

Quoted from ondkaja

Do you have a crouch jump script installed? Some people have weird lags when they crouch jump.

Nope, I crouchjump manually. I know what kind of lag you’re talking about, and I do get that kind of lags too, but nowhere near as often as the rubberbanding thingie.

Niicol

dc.
-ugo?-

can you possibly make a video showing it?

Freddy

Quoted from Niicol

can you possibly make a video showing it?

I can try if I have time tomorrow

ondkaja

.:[aAa]:.

Quoted from Freddy

[…]

That is what I think is so odd as well, because neither have I. But this is not happening for me in any other online game, it’s only TF2. And despite net_graph showing my ping, choke, loss and rates to be completely fine, it still happens. It’s not exactly teleporting in that sense though, it’s more like you’re going in one direction, and then it’s like the server is “guessing” where you are and puts you back to that spot in a fast and fluid, and yet a sudden motion – like a rubberband getting stretched, then you release it and it flies back. A lot of people reported a similar issue right after Steampipe was released I think, but Valve were quick with a patch and that seemed to fix it for 95% of the “victims”, while doing nothing or even making it worse for the rest.

Right now, I have seen only a few people reporting this issue, but the ones who do all seem to have the exact same symptoms as me.

[…]

Nope, I crouchjump manually. I know what kind of lag you’re talking about, and I do get that kind of lags too, but nowhere near as often as the rubberbanding thingie.

try setting cl_predict and cl_predictweapons to 1

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

(btw, back up your config if you haven’t already)

I’ve seen it happen from time to time. If it’s easy for you to reproduce, can you tell me what happens if you:

-host a local server
-use a f2p alt on the same PC
-use the lower limits for your cl_interp cl_interp_ratio rate cl_updaterate cl_cmdrate
-use the higher limits for your cl_interp cl_interp_ratio rate cl_updaterate cl_cmdrate

I googled and i read “Disable multicore rendering” & “Launch it on DirectX 9.0”. Also someone wrote about “Disabling VSync” and “making sure you have the newest driver”.

Maybe change some settings around. There is an Option under 3D-idontknowanymorewhatitwas (Nvidia) in your gpu driver where you can select “Maximal Performance”. Didn’t change anything about my graphics but fixed annoying PC-Crashes. (Experienced that shit myself…-.- But this helped me)

Maybe also try to temporarily not overclock anything on your PC. And if nothing-NOTHING works, clear the whole fucking machine and reinstall Windows+TF2.

Note: I don’t have a clue but I like googling :P

Last edited by Peign slays dragons,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »