x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Sound Issue

Created 10th May 2013 @ 14:30

Add A Reply Pages: 1

davemarsh

Hi there, i have been scanning many of the old tf2 sound topics created here, alas none with a fix to my problem. Any help with my problem would be greatly appreciated.

Basically since steam pipe, when playing tf2 my sound will play distorted forms of all the regular sounds i.e rocket explosion, character voice e.t.c and many more, and additionally my hitsounds dont work, tried multiple hitsounds, put them in custom/hitsound/sound.ui.

No idea why it is doing it, I have a feeling its something to do with several sound.cache files in seperate folders in my custom folders i.e my custom/hud folder, my custom/cfg folder. Other than that I have no idea, the same thing happens both on playing sound through my monitor and my Pirahna headset. I am terrible with PCs so no idea, i have been searching on the internet for a while with no luck, but i’m guessing its something simple. Oh also i reinstalled tf2 completely but my folders were kept the same from before, i’m guessing that’s some memory thing

Last edited by davemarsh,

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

try snd_rebuildsoundcache or whatever its called

davemarsh

Quoted from cmd

try snd_rebuildsoundcache or whatever its called

Thanks for help, this is an unknown command when i try to use it in tf2 console though

quintosh

ITIFY
op_sqd

verify integrity of game cache is the fix for anything that bugged after steampipe

davemarsh

Quoted from quintosh

verify integrity of game cache is the fix for anything that bugged after steampipe

Thanks

Add A Reply Pages: 1