x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Steampipe can go suck it

Created 1st May 2013 @ 15:21

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from raiku

Well my tf2 is working now, for it’s first time.

How do I add my hud to this folder?
/hud(with resources and script) or do I just copy the resource and script folder next to the cfg folder?
http://gyazo.com/b38f879650ca493476f941a0ad5398d8

the files you would have put in /tf/ previously now go in /custom/afolderformyhudhooray/ (make up anything you want for that folder’s name)

Basically anything that had previously gone in /tf/ now goes in /custom/[somefolder]/ and you can have as many folders in /custom/ as you want (no idea in what order they are loaded, presumably alphabetic).

Here are a few examples:

/tf/custom/gmanghud/resource/ui/GameMenu.res
/tf/custom/mycfg/cfg/autoexec.cfg

Last edited by Spike Himself,

AnimaL

reading helps, nowhere in any tutorial it says you have to put files in custom/* but insted in custom/randomfolder/*

read…

raiku

STR

Well sorry, everyone kept telling me all sorts of fairy tails…

raiku

STR

Thanks everyone finally got this horse poop of an update working.
Still it’s as fast as it was for me before :(

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from raiku

Thanks everyone finally got this horse poop of an update working.
Still it’s as fast as it was for me before :(

Look. This shit was supposed to put stuff in .vpk files because that makes it efficient for the game to load. If you go about reinstalling all your huds and cfgs as loose files on disk (WHICH WAS THE PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE) how the fuck are you expecting better performance?

Please don’t blame your own stupidity on others.

AnimaL

loading hud isnt decreasing the performance… loading tens of custom models might tho too little really to notice

raiku

STR

I ment that as in everything is still as fast as it was before.
And before I loaded a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time into a server then everyone else and I still get to the server first. So suck it.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

You seem to have some kind of infatuation with sucking ‘it’.

Tell me, are you feeling angry at these strange thoughts you’ve been having about the boys around you, these thoughts that subliminally leak into your posts?

Maffi

REVERTO

Happend to me, i validated and it was fixed :)

raiku

STR

Quoted from Monkeh

You seem to have some kind of infatuation with sucking ‘it’.

Tell me, are you feeling angry at these strange thoughts you’ve been having about the boys around you, these thoughts that subliminally leak into your posts?

Good point, I have no idea BUT I DON’T LEIK TO SUCK THINGS K.

I’m a weirdo sorry.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2