x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

My tweaked Medic Cfg's

Created 1st May 2013 @ 11:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Serotone

#FreePat

Quoted from Dr. Heinz

Question,

When I use the config from Spike Himself and put it in the medic config folder. It works perfectly.
But after I used it as medic and I switch to other classes, it is still enbaled. So when I airblast as pyro for instance, it tries to uber and the spawn switching and medigun switch also still works…

How to fix this?

Make a reset.cfg that changes all the binds back to what you want them to be for other classes then put exec reset.cfg in all your other class configs.

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

How do you do that???

Serotone

#FreePat

Quoted from Dr. Heinz

How do you do that???

Open notepad, type in whatever binds you need to change back to normal, so for your airblast problem you’d want to put

bind “MOUSE2” “+attack2”

Go to save, change the ‘save as type’ option to ‘all files’, then save it as reset.cfg in your tf/custom/whatever/cfg folder. Then in the same folder you’ll have an individual config file for each class just like you do for medic, open them and put in exec reset.cfg in each one and save.

That way whenever you change to a different class other than medic it runs the reset.cfg which rebinds everything back to normal.

Spike Himself

TC

In your cfg folder create a file called binds.cfg

In this file, the first line is:
unbindall

Now open your config.cfg and copy all the lines that start with ‘bind’ and paste them into binds.cfg

Now in every class config (medic.cfg, soldier.cfg, etc), make the first line:
exec binds

Any class-specific binds remain in their respective class config files

So for example, in binds.cfg:
bind 1 slot1

and in medic.cfg:
exec binds
bind 1 medigun

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS