x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

prec/demo help

Created 7th April 2013 @ 21:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1

WOODY[

does anyone know how i can save my demo files to a different location?

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

use ntfs junction links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_junction_point

Mits

prec_dir nameoffolder

for example, i use “prec_dir demos” and it creates the folder demos inside tf/ ,where it stores all my demos and killstreaks.txt

WOODY[

Quoted from Mits

prec_dir nameoffolder

for example, i use “prec_dir demos” and it creates the folder demos inside tf/ ,where it stores all my demos and killstreaks.txt

do you know if this folder has to be located in /tf? or can i redirect it to another drive?

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Junction Points, so last century.

Windows can do symlinks since Windows Vista

"mklink /d PATHTOLINK PATHTOACTUALFOLDER"

Last edited by slate,

AnimaL

Quoted from slate

Junction Points, so last century.

Windows can do symlinks since Windows Vista

"mklink /d PATHTOLINK PATHTOACTUALFOLDER"

whats the difference?

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Windows 7 and Windows Vista support symbolic links for both files and directories with the command line utility mklink. Unlike junction points, a symbolic link can also point to a file or remote Server Message Block (SMB) network path. Additionally, the NTFS symbolic link implementation provides full support for cross-filesystem links. However, the functionality enabling cross-host symbolic links requires that the remote system also support them, which effectively limits their support to Windows Vista and later Windows operating systems.

in this scenario it actually makes no difference, I never really looked into junction point and regarded them as “shit”, but that is probably because my first use-case was a file and unlike symlinks, junctions only support folders.

Last edited by slate,

Mits

Quoted from WOODY[

[…]
do you know if this folder has to be located in /tf? or can i redirect it to another drive?

i’ve only tried inside the tf folder, but i doubt you can do that with p-rec

Add A Reply Pages: 1