x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Setting up and running a multiplay highlander server

Created 3rd April 2013 @ 18:42

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Barry Chuckle

I recently bought a 19 slot multiplay server for my new Div 6 Highlander team. However, I am a complete beginner when it comes to setting up and running a server, so I would be very grateful if anyone could talk me through the following:

1. Using clanforge I want to:

-set the server up to run 9v9 tournament mode
-set the server to load etf2l highlander configs and whitelists automatically for each game type when the server changes map
-set the server to log match stats automatically via tf2logs

2. Let me know Rcon/console commands I need to use to:

-set and change server password
-change map
-restart match
-pause match

3. Let me know how to record an stv demo of our matches (if possible)

Anyone who can talk me through any of the above is an absolute saint.

AnimaL

-set the server up to run 9v9 tournament mode
-set the server to load etf2l highlander configs and whitelists automatically for each game type when the server changes map

*either set everything in server.cfg or exec etf2l_9v9 in server.cfg or you will need to manually exec the config file or upload each file individually (thx multiplay)

-set the server to log match stats automatically via tf2logs

*install tftrue, use http://tftrue.redline-utilities.net/ to configure it (changing cvars in server.cfg) for log uploading you need the api key part

-set and change server password

*for default password on joining use server.cfg and set it with sv_password yourpassword
if you want to change it mid game, use rcon sv_password yourpassword

-change map
* rcon changelevel cp_dustbowl

-restart match
* rcon mp_tornament_restart to restart whole tournament mode or mp_restartrond 1 for reseting the round

*-pause match
type pause in console, any player can do it

to use rcon you need to first set up server: change rcon_password yourpassword in server.cfg

then from game type rcon_address ip_of_your_server
after that type rcon_password servers_rcon

then u can type all rcon commands you want

example:
rcon_address 123.234.233.121
rcon_password datrconsoguud
rcon changelevel dm_duel2

if you get stuck just add me on steam

also, since its multiplay server, i thought the configs should be on by default if tournament mode is enabled? or maybe its just cuz u need to exec etf2l_9v9 in server.cfg?

Last edited by AnimaL,

Barry Chuckle

Thanks for such a comprehensive and helpful answer. That was brilliant :). I’ll add you if I have any more trouble.

Freddy

1. dont ever use multiplay unless you want shit servers
2. ???
3. profit

Add A Reply Pages: 1