x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

cl_interp

Created 3rd April 2013 @ 17:19

Add A Reply Pages: 1

enwyze

hi all

i may have a noobish question :)

i use chris fps dx9 config and as many of you know, there are net settings in it, for a good connection and a bad connection. there is also cl_interp in these net settings.

so my question now:

if i use those net settings with the cl_interp given there, does this cl_interp from the net settings delete the cl_interp in the class configs or will the class cl_interp be used?

Last edited by enwyze,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

class cfg will be used

enwyze

k thx :)

ryse

encore

config.cfg -> autoexec.cfg -> scout.cfg (for example)

next time, just try it yourself by joining the game, join a server and choose a class and then type the cvar into console without value, enter and the actual used value will be printed into console.

Last edited by ryse,

enwyze

Quoted from ryse

config.cfg -> autoexec.cfg -> scout.cfg (for example)

next time, just try it yourself by joining the game, join a server and choose a class and then type the cvar into console without value, enter and the actual used value will be printed into console.

didn’t know that. thx.

enwyze

ok so now, i used the net settings cl_interp and get that orange lerp number. i googled it and found various answers about it. mostly say i am near package loss and that i’m in danger whatsoever…

can anybody explain me, what the orange number really means? do i have to adjust it, so that it is white again?

laerin

-9w-

Orange means it’s lower than the value given by 2/cl_updaterate

This is fine as long as it doesn’t go yellow. If you want to be safe, just set cl_interp to 0 and set cl_interp_ratio to 2 and it will be set to the lowest ‘white value’ which is 0.303 (assuming you have cl_updaterate 66).

Add A Reply Pages: 1