x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

HELP ME: CONFIG

Created 30th March 2013 @ 17:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1

PliTy

My config is messed up, I previously had medic with viewmodels on, and now they come on
when i hit my medic button, then the have to press M3 to get viewmodels back off, not a big deal i know, but im wondering why this is happening, is it because the files are mixed up and are they taking up memory. Should i re-do my config? Also what are good keys for primary,secondary and melee?

Carlos Kaiser

Post your medic.cfg so we can actually help you.
I use Q, E and R for weapon switching.

AnimaL

what happened to 123?

PliTy

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

Post your medic.cfg so we can actually help you.
I use Q, E and R for weapon switching.

thats what i had for 5min, but i kept on pressing r isntead of E
cl_interp “0”
cl_autoreload “1”
cl_crosshair_scale 0
bind 1 “slot1; r_drawviewmodel 1; viewmodel_fov 0”
bind 2 “slot2; r_drawviewmodel 1; viewmodel_fov 0”
bind MOUSE3 “slot3; r_drawviewmodel 1; viewmodel_fov 54”

Not very complex, im just wondering why it does it. *I change drawmodel to 1 for the heal beam, not sure if it does it though

Last edited by PliTy,

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from PliTy

[…]
thats what i had for 5min, but i kept on pressing r isntead of E
cl_interp “0”
cl_autoreload “1”
cl_crosshair_scale 0

Not very complex, im just wondering why it does it. *I change drawmodel to 1 for the heal beam, not sure if it does it though

If I recall correctly;
Viewmodel 0 and normal fov is the normal heal beam.
Viewmodel 1 and fov 0 is the other one(hard to describe).
Quoted from PliTy

My config is messed up, I previously had medic with viewmodels on, and now they come on
when i hit my medic button, then the have to press M3 to get viewmodels back off, not a big deal i know, but im wondering why this is happening, is it because the files are mixed up and are they taking up memory. Should i re-do my config? Also what are good keys for primary,secondary and melee?

I’m not sure if I understand what you mean. What is the problem? Do you have to press M3 to disable viewmodels? If I look at your medic.cfg here above you say ‘MOUSE3 “slot3; r_drawviewmodel 1; viewmodel_fov 54″‘ so pressing M3 should enable viewmodels not disable them.
Either way, I think you’re complaining about viewmodels being on when you switch to medic, instead of being off by default. Well this happens because you most likely have some other settings for your other class configs, and the medic viewmodel settings are only enabled when you change your weapon.
So lets say the last class you played was scout, where you had viewmodels on. Then as you change to medic you will have viewmodels on since there’s nothing in your cfg that changes the previous viewmodel settings until you change your weapon.
A basic and easy solution for this would be to add a simple r_drawviewmodel 1 and viewmodel_fov 0 to the top of your medic.cfg. This way whenever you change to medic or execute the medic.cfg you will start with viewmodels off.

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from PliTy

[…]

viewmodel_fov 54
bind 1 “slot1; r_drawviewmodel 1”
bind 2 “slot2; r_drawviewmodel 1”
bind MOUSE3 “slot3; r_drawviewmodel 1”

Here you go, if you want to disable the viewmodel for one of the weapons just change the r_drawviewmodel from 1 to 0.
An extremely low or high viewmodel_fov value like 0 makes the models too small/big that you can’t actually see them.

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

[…]
viewmodel_fov 54

Here you go, if you want to disable the viewmodel for one of the weapons just change the r_drawviewmodel from 1 to 0.
An extremely low or high viewmodel_fov value like 0 makes the models too small/big that you can’t actually see them.

I think he wants to have viewmodels off since he said he has drawmodel on 1 for the heal beam(which doesn’t actually show a heal beam)
Quoted from PliTy

[…]
*I change drawmodel to 1 for the heal beam, not sure if it does it though

So what he’s looking for with that should be
viewmodel_fov 54
r_drawviewmodel 0
bind 1 “slot1; r_drawviewmodel 0”
bind 2 “slot2; r_drawviewmodel 0”

PliTy

Quoted from cmd

[…]
I think he wants to have viewmodels off since he said he has drawmodel on 1 for the heal beam(which doesn’t actually show a heal beam)
[…]
So what he’s looking for with that should be
viewmodel_fov 54
r_drawviewmodel 0
bind 1 “slot1; r_drawviewmodel 0”
bind 2 “slot2; r_drawviewmodel 0”

sick guys thanks for the help!

PliTy

[…]
viewmodel_fov 54

yea, i wanted 54 because its the original viewmodel fov, and i like a stock game :)

PliTy

Quoted from AnimaL

what happened to 123?

I want my hand to be able to hit all the keys! :) Q E R is good.

ash

(Legend)
Pander

Quoted from PliTy

[…]
I want my hand to be able to hit all the keys! :) Q E R is good.

Grow fingers? :D

PliTy

Quoted from ash

[…]

Grow fingers? :D

Ive got some time to go yet, Im only 15 :D

ash

(Legend)
Pander

Quoted from PliTy

[…]
Ive got some time to go yet, Im only 15 :D