x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

fps problems

Created 21st March 2013 @ 20:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

is their any fix for those massive fps drops since last update?

using maxframes chris and cba playing with 30 fps when its usually like 300

Last edited by smziii,

Juracule

Aspie

same thing, these stutters are annoying as fuck
you could try the no-hats mod, that should at least bump your fps up a bit

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

i have an avarage of like 300 fps thats not the point, i wanna know why the drops occur and why it does occur so often

Juracule

Aspie

Quoted from smziii

i have an avarage of like 300 fps thats not the point, i wanna know why the drops occur and why it does occur so often

I have no clue, I know it’s something in the latest update(s) that caused it, I saw a thread about it on teamfortress.tv where I think they had an idea of what helped to fix it. Might wanna look around there.

IPZIE

SUAVE

^ they had no idea either how to fix it, just one of the guys talking to valve and valve saying something along the lines of ” you will notice when its fixed” :D

Juracule

Aspie

Quoted from IPZIE

you will notice when its fixed

lol @ valve improving fps/stutters

TviQ

ft.

Valve probaly just broke the rocket particles even more than before :)

toasty.

PHX

My fps stays high but the whole screen “flickers” with horizontal lines? I use chris high frames and dx8?

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

downgrade your nvidia driver to get rid of the flickering

AnimaL

Quoted from toasty.

My fps stays high but the whole screen “flickers” with horizontal lines? I use chris high frames and dx8?

using new nvidia drivers? if so then go back to 306.97 or dx9

Heck

Quoted from smziii

is their any fix for those massive fps drops since last update?

using maxframes chris and cba playing with 30 fps when its usually like 300

got the same fking problem, I think Valve is just fking up the whole engine with new particle effects and shizzle

Kissakala

MUUQ
bad

Oh, I guess I’m not the only one who’s getting these stutters.
It was fine for me (around 80fps at WORST) before, but after a recent update, it stutters down to 30-40 frames. :|

toasty.

PHX

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]using new nvidia drivers? if so then go back to 306.97 or dx9

Worked great, thanks.

gnaw

Managed to fix this shit for myself at least, following some steps from Ma3la on a seemingly unrelated tftv thread. Last year I had 132 fps constant, this year it slowly dropped down to about 40 in the last couple of weeks. Now I disabled multicore rendering, uninstalled Razer DeathAdder drivers (haven’t even used that fucking mouse since last summer) rebooted and boom! 40 -> 400 fps

oh yeah and ATI Catalyst had somehow, at some point, on its own moved vsync from zero to something else. Changed that as well.

Last edited by gnaw,

Juracule

Aspie

Quoted from gnaw

Managed to fix this shit for myself at least, following some steps from Ma3la on a seemingly unrelated tftv thread. Last year I had 132 fps constant, this year it slowly dropped down to about 40 in the last couple of weeks. Now I disabled multicore rendering, uninstalled Razer DeathAdder drivers (haven’t even used that fucking mouse since last summer) rebooted and boom! 40 -> 400 fps

oh yeah and ATI Catalyst had somehow, at some point, on its own moved vsync from zero to something else. Changed that as well.

how do mouse drivers affect your fps?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »