x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Tf2 crashes

Created 12th March 2013 @ 14:41

Add A Reply Pages: 1

shank

vs

Whenever I got Bandicam open and I open tf2, tf2 instantly crashes, I haven`t tried fraps or any other recording software yet since I heard Bandicam is the best for the sort of stuff I need.
Also, tf2 crashes whenever I skip to a certain tick when watching demos. I tried all of the mat_queue_mode values and also tried jumping by only small amounts of ticks, still crashes.
Help please. :)))

Last edited by shank,

Monkeh

.:ne:.

For the crashing while watching demos thing i found turning off multi core processing helped and jumping to rounded off numbers, say 10,000, not 10638, and no more than 15,000 tick jump at a time.

shank

vs

How do I turn off multi core processing?

alba

duplo

mat_queue_mode 0

Monkeh

Quoted from shank

How do I turn off multi core processing?

ermm, it’s in the options somewhere, in work right now so can’t check but yeah, in the advanced options I think.

shank

vs

Did both and it works now, thanks :D

still have the bandicam problem tho

Last edited by shank,

Monkeh

Wait…works not or works now? Why the smiley? Sarcasm overload? Confused now. Back to my cave. good luck.

Fallen

TC

i thought it was mat_queue_mode -1?

shank

vs

Quoted from Monkeh

Wait…works not or works now? Why the smiley? Sarcasm overload? Confused now. Back to my cave. good luck.

meant works noW, sorry about that :D

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from Fallen

i thought it was mat_queue_mode -1?

-1 is what you should use for gaming, automatically detects and, which means enabling multi core processing on most PCs.

0 disables it, but you can now skip without crashing in demos.

Last edited by crouton,

quintosh

ITIFY
op_sqd

Quoted from shank

Whenever I got Bandicam open and I open tf2, tf2 instantly crashes, I haven`t tried fraps or any other recording software yet since I heard Bandicam is the best for the sort of stuff I need.
Also, tf2 crashes whenever I skip to a certain tick when watching demos. I tried all of the mat_queue_mode values and also tried jumping by only small amounts of ticks, still crashes.
Help please. :)))

this used to happen to me a lot too.. do you use lodhack/ATI tray tools?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from shank

I heard Bandicam is the best for the sort of stuff I need

Obviously I don’t know what the sort of stuff you do is, but if it’s recording your game, have a look at dxtory.

As for the demo tick jumping – I have the same issue. I worked around it (ish) by binding a key to do “host_timescale 15” for fast-forwarding (and another key to set it back to 1).

Add A Reply Pages: 1