x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

chris configs launch options

Created 5th December 2012 @ 11:16

Add A Reply Pages: 1

abcjosef

hi what is the different between :
// Launch options:
// IMPORTANT: Remove -dxlevel 81 from the launch options after the first launch!
//
// Fullscreen: -dxlevel 81 -full -w WIDTH -h HEIGHT -console -novid -useforcedmparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd
// Windowed: -dxlevel 81 -sw -w WIDTH -h HEIGHT -console -noborder -novid -useforcedmparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd

what is the alike between remove dxlevel and let it stay in the parameter

Dazrovia

“Fullscreen”
“Windowed”
?????

AnimaL

you would get “issues”

profix

FLANK

Quoted from Dazrovia

“Fullscreen”
“Windowed”
?????

He was referring to:
// IMPORTANT: Remove -dxlevel 81 from the launch options after the first launch!

I would like to know what kind of issues you’re talking about AnimaL. I never removed it and I was not encountering any issues. Or none that I’m aware of. ;)

abcjosef

yes i wanted to know what the diffrence is when i remove it

AnimaL

it forces the materials to get reloaded on startup, one of the “feature” would be longer loading times

if you want multiple dx level cfgs and shortcuts then there isnt any problem in using them really, as long as u set it up right

profix

FLANK

Quoted from AnimaL

it forces the materials to get reloaded on startup, one of the “feature” would be longer loading times

Thanks. Gonna try without it then. :)

AnimaL

actually, scratch that… consiering chris has added mat_antialias to his cfgs which also reloads everything there isnt much point of removing dxlevel

Mits

My steam overlay breaks if i have -dxlevel 81 on my launch options, but if i remove it, i get random drop to 20 fps during a couple of minutes. So yeah, there might be “issues”

Add A Reply Pages: 1