Forum

Demo Stutter

Created 21st February 2012 @ 14:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Will

Whenever PREC records a demo and I go back to look at it, it seems really stuttery (dont know if that’s a word). You can see an example here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9MvkyLW8do

When the demoman is walking up the hill you can see it clearest on the heavy. Any ideas on whats causing this and how to fix it etc?

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

fuck your problem, I liked the frag!

Will

Right narrowed it down to the actual recording of the demo rather than the playback. A friend tried it on his PC and still looked choppy. Any ideas?

Lateralus

demo_timescale 0.00001 in console should fix it.

Will

Im afraid not, still stutters like a bitch when specing myself, another thing I noticed though is when Im dead in the POV other players move fine

Mits

I know that cl_interp 0.1 fixes the stuttering in Stv demos, not sure if it has any effect on pov demos though

Will

Nope sorry. It seems to be an actual command I need to use while playing and recording rather than playing back the demos

I have the same issue, even on a clean installation with default settings -autoconfig I’m starting to think in my case it has something to do with the 120hz refresh rate as its the only part of my setup which hasn’t been changed.

Like the op everyone else’s pov demos work fine, stv demo’s work fine & my model looks fine in stv demo’s, its just my own pov demo’s that stutter

atmo

iirc it’s to do with interp or lag comp, do a search

Garm3n

SdX BLU
sdx

When i was using cl_interp 0 all my demos became stuttery, and it didn’t help using cl_interp 0.1 when watching them. Now am i using cl_interp 0.0152 wile playing and my demos are all fine. I know it won’t help you now (maybe this isn’t the case either) but perhaps in the future :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1