x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

ESL League

Created 7th February 2010 @ 18:44

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

AnAkkk

There are enough teams of your skill level to do a division Black_Bob, and maybe even an other one.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Tikcus

lol have fun, unlock rules are fail.

top 10 teams polled, who have pretty much all publicaly said they want to play without unlocks, minority rules ESL i see.

For one i’m pleased Wireplay ESH, and ETf2L, are better ran.

So ESL shouldn’t offer the TF2 community some diversity?
I think its a good idea, a way to appease those who want no unlocks without all the whine on these forums. If the “Minority” rule ESL then im sure only 9 teams will sign up….oh wait?

Moose

[MIPC]

ESL did exactly the right decision with their unlockable rules, especially when ETF2L decided allow everything. Now the teams not wishing to play with bows, swords and shields can enjoy the games in another respectable league without them.

And I’m surprised to see someone claiming that the majority wants to play with all the new weapons. From what I’ve seen it’s completely the other way around, but of course I’m familiar with mostly top end players, and their opinions on this matter are clear. The Finnish scene as well has seen after countless gather games with both formats that the “pre-war” rules are simply more enjoyable to play with, so I’d say that the vast majority of the Finnish scene from top to bottom also supports the ESL rules instead of ETF2L’s. That’s why the Finnish “invite” gathers are nowadays always played with pre-war rules and the “noob” gathers 95% of the times as well.

Another reason to support ESL is that they are a huge league and if the normal TF2 leagues at ESL are popular and succesful, it’s much more likely that TF2 could get better prize purses and more exposure in their bigger leagues like EMS or ENC. I’ve said it for a long time and I say it again that limiting your activity to ETF2L is not good for the growth and potential of the TF2 scene as a whole.

n00ne

ESL shouldn’t fucking spam my e-mail telling me about every change they make. I mean cmon , i email is enough – 5 of the same are too many.

AnAkkk

Quoted from n00ne

ESL shouldn’t fucking spam my e-mail telling me about every change they make. I mean cmon , i email is enough – 5 of the same are too many.

Sorry, of course that was not intended. There was a problem with the mail sending system which resulted in this.

M0re

Quoted from Moose

ESL did exactly the right decision with their unlockable rules, especially when ETF2L decided allow everything. Now the teams not wishing to play with bows, swords and shields can enjoy the games in another respectable league without them.

And I’m surprised to see someone claiming that the majority wants to play with all the new weapons. From what I’ve seen it’s completely the other way around, but of course I’m familiar with mostly top end players, and their opinions on this matter are clear. The Finnish scene as well has seen after countless gather games with both formats that the “pre-war” rules are simply more enjoyable to play with, so I’d say that the vast majority of the Finnish scene from top to bottom also supports the ESL rules instead of ETF2L’s. That’s why the Finnish “invite” gathers are nowadays always played with pre-war rules and the “noob” gathers 95% of the times as well.

Another reason to support ESL is that they are a huge league and if the normal TF2 leagues at ESL are popular and succesful, it’s much more likely that TF2 could get better prize purses and more exposure in their bigger leagues like EMS or ENC. I’ve said it for a long time and I say it again that limiting your activity to ETF2L is not good for the growth and potential of the TF2 scene as a whole.

this

FlagZero

guru
G-Yoda

ESL has a 3v3 arena ladder, joining the ladder would really show your care for the tf2 game and community and peace on earth.

AnAkkk

Cadred news http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/92475/

74 teams registered.

shifty

Sir

Get signed up :}! Need to boost TF2 to more audiences and ESL is a great place to do it. Bigger impression = more comps = more £ for EMS

Ran

rebeLion

Quoted from Moose

From what I’ve seen it’s completely the other way around, but of course I’m familiar with mostly top end players, and their opinions on this matter are clear.

It’s mostly because the people against the war unlocks are the loudest ones. People who don’t care much about the unlocks topic are not going to write wall of texts on forums, and I think those are the actual majority.

In the french pickups, everything is allowed and there’s not many complaints about it (well you hardly see targe/sword and TDH are quite rare too, but that’s because they’re weaker), so it works too.

Anyway, it’s good that ESL went the no-unlock way to provide an alternative, also the premier league thing is awesome.

Last edited by Ran,

psunfragga

cc//

cc// have signed up

reminder this closes soon guys

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from bpf

and no custom huds ;)

what is this i don’t even

EDIT: this will teach me to read through threads before posting

Last edited by octochris,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Anakin stop sending me retarded emails from ESL. The latest of which being a list of teams with no steam ids, none of which is mine. I really don’t care if they do or don’t have them. I care about receiving crappy spam from ESL, which is all I’ve got in the last week.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from d2m

Anakin stop sending me retarded emails from ESL. The latest of which being a list of teams with no steam ids, none of which is mine. I really don’t care if they do or don’t have them. I care about receiving crappy spam from ESL, which is all I’ve got in the last week.

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

Sorry, of course that was not intended. There was a problem with the mail sending system which resulted in this.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from octochris

[…]

[…]

Thanks for the irrelevant quotes. I’m referring to an email he sent 25 minutes ago. I’ve already abused him in our admin IRC channel about the previous emails

Cheers :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »