x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Retards trying to get your Steam account

Created 29th November 2009 @ 12:11

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Netsky

heya,

as there are still lots of folks getting their account hacked, I think some of you could post their steam community link, and hopefully some potential victims won’t be hacked.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016018907 <- apparently got CoD:MW2 & GTA 4, for free, well I told him I was looking for Barbie & Ken 2: The Wedding. ;S

Last edited by Netsky,

BvD

flowerpower/

Yeah let’s make a black list

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Can i be on the blacklist? :D I might actually be black for all you know

Randdalf

(0v0)

The question is, why are some people retarded enough to fall for it?

huhystah

Cool story bro

Netsky

Actually good question.

AnimaL

only retards from this are the ones who lose their accounts when entering username and pw in sites where they promise 100+ free games…

srsly?

or free ipods????

rly???

fucking brainers…

Iller

tGa

Well, there are of course real retards and people very close to that.
This makes it even worse since they probably don’t have an easy life even without getting their money stolen..

I really, really hate dishonest people trying to make a profit at the expence of other people without any moral considerations.

Last edited by Iller,

sgN^

TKN

fail joke is fail.

vlad_drac

xoxo

I fell for one.. Friend got hacked, said “check out my video on the steam forums”, followed the page, entered my details OH SHI i’m already logged in i shouldn’t have to do this.

Then i frantically spammed people to find out how to change my details and eventually of all people byte saved the day. Said i was lucky as well, my account could have disappeared in minutes.

The weirdest thing is a) manov fell for it and got hacked and b) the guy who hacked him sounded exactly like manov.

Last edited by vlad_drac,

jason

PHX

Ok, go to this page https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1266-OAFV-8478#verify and find out how to set up email verification.

If you do this simple step YOU WILL NEVER lose access to your account despite you being gullible enough to fall for a phishing attempt on your steam account.

It makes any fundamental changes to your account i.e. email address or password change require verification via your set email address.

You have been told, now get off your arses and set it up.

There us now no excuse for losing access to your steam account.

Sclampf

If you do this simple step YOU WILL NEVER lose access to your account despite you being gullible enough to fall for a phishing attempt on your steam account.

unless you dont have your email password saved in firefox or internet explorer, stealers report that data too..
and btw: your pw shouldnt be exactly the same password like your others..

sneaky stuff ~.~

but hey, valve made steam a lot more safe with that function! thx!
(got mah acc hacked 3 times..am i retarded³? well thx to steam again that i got it back :D)

Last edited by Sclampf,

alfa

Damn the steam guy didnt had Worms 2…gonna report it on the tk forums

Last edited by alfa,

Dekamano

scenic

Actually good question.

I once got to talk to a scammer (he was quite friendly tbh :D) and he told me that he caught 10 people in a day through a fake site. But ofc then he told me that it was a experiment etc etc and logged off :D

jason

PHX

This is the quality of the phishers I’ve came up against:

Never tell your password to anyone.
The Steam is proud to present free games for steam [phishy link]
[Φ] Jason: Really?
[Φ] Jason: Wow
[Φ] Jason: How?
The: of course
[F] Jason: What I do?
The: Just log to ur user and choose the games
[F] Jason: So cool man – are you from steam?
The: its called
The: Valve
The: its the cop
[Φ] Jason: The cop?
[Φ] Jason: The police?
The: corp
[Φ] Jason: ahh corporation
The: forgot the r
[Φ] Jason: You’d think that Valve would employ people that have the slightest understanding of the English language wouldn’t you.
The: w.e
[Φ] Jason: w.e – yeah a professional organisation like valve would say w.e like a 13 year old girl
[Φ] Jason: Phail
[Φ] Jason: Phishy numtey
The is now Offline.

lol

Last edited by jason,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »