x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Mumble 1.2.0 Alpha

Created 31st October 2009 @ 10:51

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

dougiie

CotC

howcome pickup1/2 hasnt moved to mumble yet, since nearly the entire community use mumble now..?

xtala

IT’s not as widespread as we all would like, and lots of people in the pickup prolly aren’t using it.
And I believe mumble still lacks some of the admin options ventrilo offers.

Skyride

DUCS

IT’s not as widespread as we all would like, and lots of people in the pickup prolly aren’t using it.
And I believe mumble still lacks some of the admin options ventrilo offers.

Nah, Mumble has a FARRR more advanced admin system than vent, its not even close. The real reason tbh is that Multiplay don’t sell mumble servers. Its honestly that simple. :)

AnimaL

nvm

Last edited by AnimaL,

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

skyride you are just… multiplay are selling mumble servers !!!!

http://gameservers.multiplay.co.uk/voice-comms/mumble/

Last edited by Nigh,

Waebi

‹Con›

and that since a week ago or so maybe.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

2 weeks or 3.

Digiwill

=[IDK]=

we use Mumble from verygames.net for a while now, works good :)

anyone knows when the beta phase will be over ?

Skyride

DUCS

skyride you are just… multiplay are selling mumble servers !!!!

http://gameservers.multiplay.co.uk/voice-comms/mumble/

Tbh, This is news to me indeed, although they cannot have been selling them for long. I remember checking only a couple of weeks ago and they didn’t. But ye, the main reason for this is pretty much that because of the way the admin system in mumble works, you need a website-based admin panel (or shell access) to add admins. Thats kind of a pain and im guessing is probably why multiplay haven’t bothered until now. However the alpha from what ive seen so far definately fixes that problem, theres alot of other cool stuff too.

we use Mumble from verygames.net for a while now, works good :)

anyone knows when the beta phase will be over ?

Im not sure, but the alpha seems to just need a load of bugfixes, everything they have implemented so far definately works fine (aside from passworded channels which was the biggest reason i upgraded to the alpha >.>). If you want to check it out, just install the alpha client and you can check it out on my server.

EDIT: Actually, just as I was typing this post, someone PM’d me on steam saying my mumble server crashed, maybe they have a few more bugs to sort out yet… (although that is the first crash in 3 days of uptime)

.____________.

Can’t join any servers that don’t have support for 1.2.0 set up. So basically, all i can join is skyride’s server. Thank you for deleting my 1.1.8 mumble, yay reinstall.

bice

Can’t join any servers that don’t have support for 1.2.0 set up. So basically, all i can join is skyride’s server. Thank you for deleting my 1.1.8 mumble, yay reinstall.

It comes with a backwards compatible client if you look.

bennY

dp.

hmm for some reason i can only use Mumble 1.1.4. Using all of the higher versions i cant hear anything. Even if i use the TCP Mode.

No difference in 1.2 alpha :(

Hmm dont want to get off topic, but do u guys know know a solution to my little problem? :)

Btw got Windows 7 Prof. 64 bit and ONboard Sound
MB: Asus P5 Deluxe

Was the same back in XP 32 bit as well.

Last edited by bennY,

Waebi

‹Con›

mumble11x.exe
:)

trams

-><-

howcome pickup1/2 hasnt moved to mumble yet, since nearly the entire community use mumble now..?

Its because the admincontrol is better.

Waebi

‹Con›

Hmm dont want to get off topic, but do u guys know know a solution to my little problem? :)

Btw got Windows 7 Prof. 64 bit and ONboard Sound
MB: Asus P5 Deluxe

Was the same back in XP 32 bit as well.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/forums/forum/492607
try it here maybe…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »