x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Team Fortress 2 Tacticsboard.com

Created 7th September 2009 @ 14:28

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

David

Ok, ill start by explaining what a tacticsboard is.

Like in many sports… teams have tactics. Use football for example, before a match the manager would take out a whiteboard and draw on a mock football pitch with lines and arrows and shit. But think of this happening in TF2. A map with an admin drawing tactics onto the birds eye view with the rest of the team in real time.

This is what is said on the website:

Get ahead of the competition by using this revolutionary internet based tactics management system to get the right tactics across to all your team members at the same time. No need to send multiple emails or mess around with your firewalls anymore! And best of all it’s completely free!

Here are a few screenshots. http://www.tacticsboard.com/images/gallery/image1_large.jpg , http://www.tacticsboard.com/images/gallery/tools.jpg . (yes these are cod4 screenshots, i used theres because i couldnt be arsed to do my own of tf2!)

A demo for the tool can be found here http://dev.tacticsboard.net/demoboard12.asp

http://www.tacticsboard is the website, sign up there and register your team. Once you have done that invite everyone in and discuss. I still need to talk about the creators about adding Frieght and gullywash.

To boost popularity i thought we could also do a mentoring session, a volunteer div1 player could host his own tactics session on a map for everyone to see… that could easilly be arranged! Want your thoughts here!

Akill

kewl

Cycles

lolwow

Tried a few of these tools in different clans, never got any useful results out of them. Usually ends up with 10 minutes of everyone drawing penises with the pencil tool, and then when a leader finally takes charge no one actually listens and absorbs the information. So… great idea, shame the practice never meets the theory.

I much prefer getting everyone on the server in spectate, and the leader going scout and explaining who’s going where, what their responsibilities are and where they should fall back to etc. It encourages questions, and the other members are able to attach to the ideas quickly, due to them being so visual.

That said, I’d still love a div 1 to mentor showing us their tactics ;)

Ijantis

Really needs to be worked on before its implemented.

High-res map images are needed and the class icons need to be way smaller.

Otherwise it could do pretty well.

n00ne

First of all this program has already been implemented , you missed it by i’d say about a few years. I remember my team using this for cs 1.6 tactics like 2 years ago.

Tho it is useful , i just dont see it being useful for tf2. More for css , cod4 .. the lot

reCon

sounds great… i´ll test it!

edit: Its very unclear. You have to work on a more high quality screenshot of the map and maybe do more sections from the map? Last point, second point, middle point, 2nd resupply. And the icons are atm.. ehmmm.. shit?!? ^^

danny.

add .com to your link :D

eoN^

Nice but i dont think its THAT needed for tf2… Tbh.

But still really nice :D

Edit: and yes, ive also used a program similar to this before but this seems to be a lil better and you can show people a bit easier than uploading the images etc, also im guessing other players can edit it to so seems good :D, not read that much into it tho but gonna now :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0klwJ7tNDs

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

wtf since when did tf2 have strats

seraph

rEJ

any tactic that can’t be explained during the time you’re stuck in spawn before a round starts is for queers

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

any tactic that can’t be explained during the time you’re stuck in spawn before a round starts is for queers

this guy knows

Ijantis

First of all this program has already been implemented , you missed it by i’d say about a few years. I remember my team using this for cs 1.6 tactics like 2 years ago.

Tho it is useful , i just dont see it being useful for tf2. More for css , cod4 .. the lot

From what I recall the program was only just implemented for tf2 0_o

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

no its been out for ages, they only just made TF2 features recently

Ijantis

so basically you’re agreeing with me and still saying i’m wrong :/

fucking played

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

so basically you’re agreeing with me and still saying i’m wrong :/

fucking played

oh, my bad. swear you said something different o.O

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »