x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

I38 tf2 compo

Created 16th August 2009 @ 19:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

numlocked are you going? I want to see joske vs numlocked :)

If only! Joske gets shy at lan and num will hit him with his pudding bowl.

As for i38 i’ve just come back from getting married/buying a house/honeymoon/buying kittens/ and taking a break ^_^, just awaiting sky to install my phone line for me to get the internet back.

Mole slap me up on email [email protected] if multiplay have said anything RE: i38 yet, i emailed them at the time about the admin job and spoken to x-man and neo at the time but had no word since i37 chats, that and all the afformentioned stuff above ^ is why i’ve been holding fire trying to get teams/public communitys involved as im not sure what we can do/offer.

Edd

T2P

Not to bitch or anything but the way i see it, i38 will be the last tf2 tournament with prize money. Virtually no teams are going to it, i think the number of teams confirmed are 8?

Why haven’t more teams tried to go?
The only way to keep money at the iseries and to make tf2 grow is to push it tbh.

I know the fact that most TF2 players are european and the price is a bit high, but if you really like the game it’s a sacrifice worth paying for…

Waebi

‹Con›

got no holidays (so only there for a weekend’s time), am in England already ATM so I doubt I’ll get any financial “help” this time, and lastly I’ve got no team to go with since there’s only 1 team I’d possibly go with anyway :)
loads of good or bad excuses, and everyone will have his ones.

Last edited by Waebi,

flushy

P.O.P

Joske said hed turn ppls heads into monitors at LAN so id be really really careful if i were u Numlocked ; )

Anderson

TEZC
TEZC

more prizes added to the TF2 tourney @ i38 in Nov

http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/newsid/3171/

julieN1

cQr

Not to bitch or anything but the way i see it, i38 will be the last tf2 tournament with prize money. Virtually no teams are going to it, i think the number of teams confirmed are 8?

Why haven’t more teams tried to go?
The only way to keep money at the iseries and to make tf2 grow is to push it tbh.

I know the fact that most TF2 players are european and the price is a bit high, but if you really like the game it’s a sacrifice worth paying for…

it’s not worth it. lack of orgas to send european teams to the UK and pay the enormous fees of entrance of the i-series + travelling costs.

even if an orga pays either one, i doubt the players would be willing to pay the other one.

Bash

I find it funny that the Brits are always the one’s touting the i-series horn as the only hope of TF2 and something everyone should be getting behind and attending regardless of the expense, while they are just as unwilling to travel to anything further than their backyard as anyone else.

I don’t really care and I am actually going to this little shinding, just thought I’d point it out as it’s a pet peeve of mine. I look forward to seeing what you Brits seem to laud as the best thing ever and somehow more important than any other LAN in the world.

Last edited by Bash,

Jones

Bash, it’s called i38……… because there has been 38 of them!

kaidus

WiK?

I find it funny that the Brits are always the one’s touting the i-series horn as the only hope of TF2 and something everyone should be getting behind and attending regardless of the expense, while they are just as unwilling to travel to anything further than their backyard as anyone else.

I don’t really care and I am actually going to this little shinding, just thought I’d point it out as it’s a pet peeve of mine. I look forward to seeing what you Brits seem to laud as the best thing ever and somehow more important than any other LAN in the world.

Perhaps that’s because we don’t hide away a good portion of the discussion of such events in a language specific forum that no one else understands?

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

To be fair, I wouldn’t expect i38 to be the greatest, so if you are disappointed, meh. It’s generally the smallest event of the year at this time. The more people from TF2 that went, the better most likely/or the more people you know. I went to i36 with no expectations and came away beeming and wanting more. The thing i38 should offer over the other two events previously within the year is a more organised TF2 tournament, gogogo the Mole named Tapley :D

Last edited by Nymthae,

Edd

T2P

+1 nymthae

agron

Relic

Perhaps that’s because we don’t hide away a good portion of the discussion of such events in a language specific forum that no one else understands?

+1
those faggoty foreigners, using their native language.

kaidus

WiK?

Lol idc if that’s what they want, but it’s a well known fact that hype goes a long way in terms of stirring up attendance to these sorts of events. You can’t extend interest to the greater community if you take away 90% of the communities ability to understand the topic, so don’t act surprised when no one gives a shit.

nvc

They changed location so i’m not suprised there are less signups, before it was in the center of England so more Brits are willing to go, now it’s at the bottom… less are :)

Last edited by nvc,

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Yeah, last time it was 30 minutes from home… so it was easy to go to -.-

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »