x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

I38 tf2 compo

Created 16th August 2009 @ 19:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

eoN^

Hence “in terms of rallying up support” not “paying for players to go”. For every guy that chooses to go i38 of his own accord, there are two or three who with a little shove will follow suit. In any case, I really don’t think 300 euros is that much. Anyone who doesn’t think it’s worth is either an antisocial git or has a malformed opinion of what lans are like : D.

Or just has to pay for other things… Not everyone has a spare 300 euros for a holiday just before christmas…

beta

RaWr ::

Newbury is shit compared to Stoneleigh but it was home to the best TF2 LAN i33. I won’t be going cos i’m in Thailand when it’s one, you’ll have to take your own ball tapley :p

This man speaks the truth ! :)

kaidus

WiK?

It’s fucking september are you serious? Almost a third of your financial year is dominated by christmas? Wow nice.

Seriously the majority of people here are students. Get a job for a week and off you go.

But november is so cold, anyone wanna warm me up / share a tent? :D

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

If I had to go to the arse end of Holland for that Dunc cunt’s TCL wankfest, then all you Eurotrash can get on the fucking boat to INGERLAND! Aight! :D

I’ll be there.

Black_Bob

[DA]

If we really want to fill this event up were going to have to target the popular public servers with big communities, at i37 there were 4/5 squads which came from the crazy community they are not competative they dont play matchs but they filled up alot of slots just from our one public community based on one public 30 man server.

Multiplay dont give a flying fuck if the people who attend are competative or public players since at the end of the day they all pay the same to get in.

One of the major complaints all my friends on all the other forums i whore fairly regualry complained there were no LAN big pubs servers always avialble. If we were to cater for the public teams who would love to come to I38/I39 they would fill far more seats than the entire competative community and they will not be put off by the big teams since they may never of heard of them.

What i suggest is that someone with a bit more influence and much better english since i suck at typing forum threads after reading my dribble is making your eyes burn, looks at the server lists in tf2 finds all the big 28-32 man servers, locates there forums and posts an invite to i38/39 come bash your mates at a lan on giant public servers and compete in the tf2 tournament.

But like all public communites we all cared more about the drunken photos we posted on the forum from i36, and from those photos of one clan having fun (i went up with CantFitMyN) four more clans came along for the piss up at I37 invaders, blitz, fragsoc, crazy and some random french people!

So if the tf2 community really want this to be a succsess some people should bite the bullet and get forum whoring :) Ok im not exspecting miracles for I38 but if one good clan come from each server community get drunk and post some photos think what I39 would be like!

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I’ll forum whore when MP give us more details, but yeah a 24/7 32 man lan server for tf2 with no crits on and a good map rotation is easily do-able. Also a losers tourny will hopefully be arranged so the more fun/community based teams will have more of a laugh without getting smashed by the serious gamers.

Edd

T2P

And if im honest the people from the community were much nicer than the ones from the competetive side ^_^

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Fun teams won’t be forgotten about even if i38 is to be a more competitive tournament, don’t worry about that. And myself and Tapley will be there to help everyone out so we can get you the servers and such that you want on LAN. Hell, if MP don’t put one up I will host one myself on my machine being as I won’t be playing due to being an admin.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

are you admin’ing the tf2 tourney moley?

Black_Bob

[DA]

Did anything ever go ahead about asking the large tf2 public groups? If it hasnt its probbaly to late.

Edd

T2P

:<

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I think Tapley was on the case, but he has had internet problems or something.
I guess we should all nag Mole or get involved on the Multiplay forums.

It was discussed on IRC one night and suggestions made about trying to rally round all the UK public communities and clans to encourage them to attend i38.

I think there is still plenty of time to get people onboard and sort out public lan servers and lower tier competitions.

Time to act now!

Skyride

DUCS

Being that I was once head of one, I have to say that 98% of the people in those types of clans would simply not be up for going to -series. They are mostly people who just play TF2 for fun and consider what we do to be incredibly geeky (even though we’re playing it probably half as much as them).

However if you can get some that 2% to go then im sure they will have a great laugh. :)

I just so wish i had the money to go. :(

Last edited by Skyride,

Black_Bob

[DA]

Well like i said above in our 30 man server community we had roughtly 30 people turn up, so its well worth a try :)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/clancrazycommunity

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »