x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

I38 tf2 compo

Created 16th August 2009 @ 19:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »

beta

RaWr ::

It’s not really about earning money is it though.

Well for some no, but to justify attending events outside of your home country yes basically :/

I mean for me and Arx we live 2 hours from Newbury by car. For the majority of top div 1 teams, make it a flight of 3 hours, plus connections, plus expenses…simple maths really :/

reCon

rockit will try to be there…

Edd

T2P

For the majority of top div 1 teams, make it a flight of 3 hours, plus connections

It cost me 20 pounds to get a flight from italy and transport to coventry for i37.

However i spent over £200 pounds there (I have no idea how).

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Well for some no, but to justify attending events outside of your home country yes basically :/

I mean for me and Arx we live 2 hours from Newbury by car. For the majority of top div 1 teams, make it a flight of 3 hours, plus connections, plus expenses…simple maths really :/

Well indeed, but perhaps these big mgo’s/their teams will soon realise if they dont support poetential large prize winning lans and show them tf2 players do care, there will be no chance of another large or larger prized tourny.
If these players spend X amount of hours on their computer just for online accolades and arnt really worried about getting some money back from all their hours wasted then fair enough :-).
But if people lan dodge they cant complain when tf2’s comp money runs out and no one cares anymore, and go “LOL OMG TF2 IS WELL DEAD”.
I myself dont mind, we all know im there for the alcahol and the chicks.

Edd

T2P

thought you were engaged tapley ^_^

kaidus

WiK?

Who wants CC and the likes there anyway. More moneys for us. eMpathy will be there in some form whether our small little org helps us (lol as if) or not.

How do signups work by the way? As in when should we start doing it etc. Also to my knowledge aren’t a few of the big teams putting previous winnings toward attending this event?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

thought you were engaged tapley ^_^

Yeah sorry typo, *Dicks ;)

And Kaidus, signups are open from now until the friday night of the start of lan. Best now for at least one of your team to sign up and create your team in the tournament system to show your interest. But what would make sense is just to get everyone signed up before monday because:

There are now only 4 days remaining to take advantage of the 20% early bird discount which ends on Monday 14th September 2009 at midnight!

Evil

Newbury is shit compared to Stoneleigh but it was home to the best TF2 LAN i33. I won’t be going cos i’m in Thailand when it’s one, you’ll have to take your own ball tapley :p

kaidus

WiK?

When you look at the buy tickets section, is the marked price for byoc of £90 including the discount, or is it 20% off of £90?

Oggy

Yeah and the top teams make the excuse too often, the whole point this time is that there IS money involved so the top5 should make an effort to get there if they actually want this game to evolve.

It’s live or let die now imo, fail to get a good amount of teams to this event and tf2 as a competitive scene with money involved will not happen.

kaidus

WiK?

Seriously this should be ukesa all over again in terms of rallying up support. The money you put into it is more than justified by the good times to be had, the fact that you are helping out the game shouldn’t even matter.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

maybe this time we’ll have some more contenders in the centurian challenge tapley… -.-

bpf

rockit

the difference is just that u didnt have to pay 300-400 €/per person for ukesa :/

Anderson

TEZC
TEZC

i’ll be going regardless of prizemoney.

kaidus

WiK?

Hence “in terms of rallying up support” not “paying for players to go”. For every guy that chooses to go i38 of his own accord, there are two or three who with a little shove will follow suit. In any case, I really don’t think 300 euros is that much. Anyone who doesn’t think it’s worth is either an antisocial git or has a malformed opinion of what lans are like : D.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »