x
Note to all PASS Time Cup Participants: All Mercs have to be approved by your opponent. There are NO Default Mercs in the cup. You are allowed 1 Merc per game. Usual Merc rules apply.

There is also a known issue with the whitelist not working after changing the map, please use rcon tftrue_whitelist_id 14555
x
Dear teams and players, for the upcoming Highlander Season 32 (Summer 2024), we also have a poll form we would appreciate you to fill out to help us make decisions for the season. You can find and fill out this poll form Here.

Forum

new highlander doublemix group

Created 1st February 2013 @ 12:29

Add A Reply Pages: 1

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/europeanhighlander

I just made this. It’ll work like my 6v6 group but for highlander, and I’m pitching it at mostly low-ish level players – although I imagine flashes of expertise would less likely wreck a game when there are 8 others to hold you back, so all are welcome.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from fraac

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/europeanhighlander

I just made this. It’ll work like my 6v6 group but for highlander, and I’m pitching it at mostly low-ish level players – although I imagine flashes of expertise would less likely wreck a game when there are 8 others to hold you back, so all are welcome.

Hasn’t the Colony Highlander Mix group served this purpose since it went public?

Last edited by Russian Guyovich,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

No idea. I thought they were for high level players? I’ve certainly heard enough people ask for something like this, so I did it.

unu

Quoted from fraac

No idea. I thought they were for high level players? I’ve certainly heard enough people ask for something like this, so I did it.

The colony group is for everyone wanting to have fun and that communicates. EVERYONE can make announcements and therefore double mixes. Almost 500 users in there too so this group is unneccessary.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

To be honest, when I’m of the mind to do something, whether other people have done similar things doesn’t really interest me. I’ll add a link to the Colony mixes so people know they have options.

Henghast

open
bobs

Why dilute the pool at all, if there already exists a valid method to double mix exactly in the manner you JUST set up a group for your group is redundant. Surely the better option is to just make people aware of this Colony group if they’re clamouring for another one which does the exact thing. Unless there is an internal issue with the prior group which does not seem to be the case.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

No need for defensiveness, guys, the more options the better. I know plenty of people who find the Colony group intimidating.

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Nice to know that our highlander group is scary nowadays.
It has never been for “high level highlander.” Everybody is welcome. I can guarantee that there are no skill level requirements in the colony double mix group.

Actually it started with just people wanting to play drunken highlander on a Friday night. It even involved random classes and mirror maps. Then the group spread from friends to friends and finally it was opened for everybody. After a while, it got over 500 people in it.

Anyway, “colony” (they might not actually have anything to do with colony players, just the group) double mixes have moved to IRC pretty much. Using IRC and the pickup bot has made organizing easier. #tf2.pug.hl is the way to go. The steam group is mostly used for promotion nowadays. You can rarely find old school fat kid pickups anymore, but nothing is stopping people from organizing them.

Haha, just noticed I have 81 steam friends in the old group and 3 in the new group.

Last edited by SabaSaba,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

So the Colony group that people have been recommending is in fact outdated? I’ll change the link to the irc pug. I already tell people about that but some said there weren’t games running.

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from fraac

the voices in your head aren’t real people though.

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

The games itself are organized in IRC, but colony steam group is still the hub where people notice that they should join IRC for a pick up game. It seems quite many are using webchat, so they don’t have their IRC running 24/7 or 12/7.

The Steam group is more like a highlander meeting place after all these years. You can hardly call it outdated, even if its original purpose has changed during the past months.

Also, you know you can have both. Being in a Steam group and using the pug channel are both recommended actions if youre looking for double mixes.

The PUG channel does not run on its own. The more people stay on the channel, the more games we will get. This requires activity from players. There are enough HL players in Europe, that’s for sure. If somebody said there weren’t any games running on the PUG channel, then he hasn’t been there enough. You can’t just pop in for 5 minutes and expect to find instant hl action. It’s not a McDonald’s of highlander.

Quick link for the PUG webchat, http://pickups.tf/.

TLDR: IRC PUG and the steam group go hand in hand. They are closely related.

Last edited by SabaSaba,

Add A Reply Pages: 1