x
Note to all PASS Time Cup Participants: All Mercs have to be approved by your opponent. There are NO Default Mercs in the cup. You are allowed 1 Merc per game. Usual Merc rules apply.

There is also a known issue with the whitelist not working after changing the map, please use rcon tftrue_whitelist_id 14555
x
Dear teams and players, for the upcoming Highlander Season 32 (Summer 2024), we also have a poll form we would appreciate you to fill out to help us make decisions for the season. You can find and fill out this poll form Here.

Forum

WASM 2013 TF2

Created 10th January 2013 @ 02:48

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Hey guys,

Not the nicest post I’ve ever had to make on ETF2L. I’ve been in contact with Assembly since October, and unfortunately I just got confirmation today that there will NOT be a TF2 tournament at WASM this year. CS:GO has been selected as their FPS game due to various sponsorship and exposure reasons.

droso

o/

What a shame. :(

DraQu

Damn :(

Qnai

R6S
.awkward

awh, was really hoping for it :c

kaidus

WiK?

Really doubt more than 1-2 prem teams (and that’s being very optimistic) would of been able to mobilize on such short notice anyways.

Limp.

EPA

That wasn’t clear already for good few months that there aren’t gonna be tf2?

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Limp.

That wasn’t clear already for good few months that there aren’t gonna be tf2?

I’ve been in contact with them for months. Made an initial pitch, kept them updated with exposure stats on various events, etc. When you’re in a position like that, you can’t just go “oh well it’s not going to happen anyway fuck it”.

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

tf2 is alive

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

I’ve been in contact with them for months. Made an initial pitch, kept them updated with exposure stats on various events, etc. When you’re in a position like that, you can’t just go “oh well it’s not going to happen anyway fuck it”.

Quite sure wasm2013 comps were announced some good time ago but oh well.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

unfortunate, but nevertheless thanks for your efforts Skyride.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Ritalin

unfortunate, but nevertheless thanks for your efforts Skyride.

Indeed. Your efforts are greatly appreciated for trying to make this happen.

Setlet

There is only one FPS game?

FPS is dead

Jarppa

Feacon

Doesn’t surprise me at all.

The picture I got at the Assembly Summer 2012 was simply that no one wasn’t interested (or didn’t have time) on administrating a tournament at the party, even though there apparently was a search for people on #tf2.fi.

Even if Assembly would’ve been interested on having TF2 tournament at WASM, the question probably still would’ve been if there was people for organizing it.

(Correct me if I’m wrong.)

Last edited by Jarppa,

Setlet

Quoted from Jarppa

The picture I got at the Assembly Summer 2012 was simply that no one wasn’t interested (or didn’t have time) on administrating the tournament, even though there apparently was a search for people on #tf2.fi.

Even if Assembly would’ve been interested on having TF2 tournament, the question probably still would be if there was people for organizing it.

So did TF2 lose to CS:GO or could have there been 2 FPS games?

Last edited by Setlet,

byte

Quoted from Jarppa

The picture I got at the Assembly Summer 2012 was simply that no one wasn’t interested (or didn’t have time) on administrating a tournament at the party, even though there apparently was a search for people on #tf2.fi.

Even if Assembly would’ve been interested on having TF2 tournament at WASM, the question probably still would’ve been if there was people for organizing it.

You are indeed correct Sir.

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »