x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Team Colonslash Guidance Scheme

Created 14th April 2012 @ 14:15

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Oxy

TC.Express

So we at Team Colonslash were in our cosy mumble channel scratching our heads wondering what the hell we could do in order to help the TF2 community now that our academy team have moved on. First of all we thought about potentially starting a new academy team however our community is already as large as we would like it be. After a little more thinking we have decided to start something we are calling the ‘TC Guidance Scheme’.

The idea is to attract a *small* number of new players into the TF2 community as well as helping a few who are just finding their feet by offering members of our community to help players on a one to one basis into the world of 6v6.

FAQ

“What is the TC Guidance Scheme?”
The Team Colonslash Guidance Scheme allows players who are new to competitive TF2 to partner up with an experienced player so that they can give them advice and encouragement about their chosen class.

“I’m new to comp TF2, what should I do?”
We prefer to help people who are new to the competitive side of TF2. There is however a few things we ask of you. Those are that you choose either:

– Scout
– Soldier
– Demoman
– Medic

It is also required that you:

– Are willing to listen and improve
– Have Mumble VOIP (http://mumble.sourceforge.net/)
– Haven’t played div 5 or higher (6v6)
– Have fun playing TF2!
– Have a good amount of time in pubs (or comp experience in other games)
– Understand that comp is very different from pubs
– Are from the EU (or play at EU times)
– Are an active player (you play TF2 at least 3 or 4 days a week)

“Where do I go from here?”
Head over to our steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tf2tcguidance to join the scheme and register your interest. To do this, you must comment on the group page with the following information:

– ETF2L Profile Link
– Class (Scout, Soldier, Demoman or Medic)
– Timezone & Playing Days

Example:
etf2l.org/forum/user/24032
Soldier
GMT - Sun to Thurs

You will then be contacted by ourselves in order to arrange a helper for you that specalises in your chosen class providing you meet the requirements :)

“I’m confused!”
If you are unsure of any of the above or want to find out more information then please comment on our group page and we will get back to you.

Last edited by Oxy,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

good effort :)

atmo

Post this to SPUF/reddit.

Oxy

TC.Express

This goes live, 2 mins later steam community site is dead
fml

Quoted from atmo

Post this to SPUF/reddit.

Already on SPUF, i’m leaving reddit for now. We only want a few people so we’ll see how it goes.

Last edited by Oxy,

Herr_P

.:[aAa]:.

Quoted from Oxy

First of all we thought about potentially starting a new academy team however our community is already as large as we would like it be.

Now that’s a lie if I ever saw one.

Sounds like a good initiative, GL!

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from Herr_P

[…]
Now that’s a lie if I ever saw one.

Shhhh

Add A Reply Pages: 1