x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Yet Another ESH Cup!

Created 26th October 2011 @ 22:16

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Source page

Sapphire have been nice enough to give us £500 to play with/for!

Details:

Maximum teams: 64
Date: Tuesday 8th November – Sunday 20th November
Format: Single-elimination Cup
Admins: Crasp
Sponsors: Sapphire
Prizes: £300 for 1st, £150 for 2nd and £50 for 3rd
Sign up: http://www.esportsheaven.net/?page=tournament&action=signup_team&tournament_id=1378

Schedule

Day 1: Tuesday 08/11:
20:00 CET Round 1 (cp_gullywash_final1)
20:45 CET Round 2 (cp_gravelpit)

Day 2: Thursday 10/11:
20:00 CET Round 3 (cp_obscure_remake_rc1)
20:45 CET Quarter Finals (cp_snakewater)

Day 3: Sunday 13/11:
21:15 CET Semi Finals (best of 3, teams pick maps)*

Week beginning Monday 14/11:
Third-place Playoff (best of 3, teams pick maps)*
Final (best of 3, teams pick maps)*

* The current ESH mappool is: cp_granary, cp_badlands, cp_gullywash_final1, cp_gravelpit, cp_obscure_remake_rc1, cp_snakewater.

Ruleset is similar to other ESH tournaments, which is similar to ETF2L. No Crusader’s Crossbow though.

Sign your asses up!

Last edited by Crasp,

Macisum

YOYO\'
syster

Nice! :)

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Forgot to note – signups are of course open, and they will close on Monday, November 7th.

Angel

Reposting in Russian TF2 Forum. Nice rules and map pool. Good luck!

byte

Any top teams need a merc for this cup I should be available :)

Cheers

Byte

Snyyppis

RLM

Good stuff!

But gravelpit in single elimination is shit.

Keyro

Cheater

Good news to have esh supporting TF2 again.

One question : since there’s only 2 rounds per night why the games don’t start later, for exemple 20:45 or 21:00 ? For the majority of lower tier teams, it’s the right time to play (or atleast it’s the case in france) and in my opinion that prevent a lot of “low” team to signup. I guess your aim is to appeal lower team to fulfil the slots.

Furthermore that doesn’t seem impossible to do regarding day 3 and 4 (21:15).

(best of 3, teams pick maps)*

Which system is used for map pick ?

Last edited by Keyro,

dauk

bump

dauk

14/64

tf2 holocaust?

Hildreth

Pander
Pander

Think it comes at a point where teams have a really tight schedule due to games being delayed. I went out of my way to enter this, I know top teams will always enter but any team below Div 2 tends to stay out of these cups. And it is the usual fear of just being raped, which we discussed a hundred times.

So to recap, Div 3-6 try playing it as it will be your only chance to play against the Prem stars and maybe do something awesome like airshot Mike or make F2 drop uber. Sure you’ll get stuffed 5-0 but you can also use it as a chance to see what top teams do differently compared to you. It is a unique opportunity, I never tried to miss a chance like this when LTG were Div 6 or 5, we wanted to play the best and get stuffed to learn from them – you should to.

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

4 days until matches are supposed to start and we have 15/64 signups. 5 are pending approval but I can’t approve them until every member of the squad has a steamid entered.

This is gonna be one short cup without more teams signing up. I can’t guarantee you more prize cups if I can’t guarantee the moneymen that more teams will appear.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

We have officials on some of those days, otherwise we’d love to get smashed :D

atomic-

can merc for a mid/+ team

Hildreth

Pander
Pander

Quoted from Sideshow

We have officials on some of those days, otherwise we’d love to get smashed :D

You abstain on the nights of officials? Serious business!

Oxy

TC.Express

Shine gaming gonna beast this! (with our 5 player team rofl)

edit: actually talking of which if anyone who knows me wants to merc medic please let me know! (my prediction is we will be drawn up against infused or someone first round so expect ~10 mins of playtime!)

another edit: i got a question; by the looks of things no-where near 64 teams are gonna sign up so does this mean that we would start on day 3? or would we still get to play gully (<3) ?

Last edited by Oxy,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »