x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

nice-servers.com :: Ping / Connection Test Utility

Created 29th December 2010 @ 15:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Hey,

everyone who’s interested in one of our game servers and want to test his or one of his team mates connection is very welcome to do this here:

nice-servers.com/en/gameserver/game-server-ping-test-connection-utility.html

It’s easy. Just click on Start Test and you’ll see your ping and a full tracert.

How it works:

– This utility tries to ping your home PC from one of our German and NL based Server
– It does not work when your router, isp or home PC blocks “ping – ICMP packets” (you will get a timeout message)
– It has a color indicator (ping < 80 means green, 80-150 yellow and above red)

This is beta so every feedback, suggestions, improvments and bug reports are very welcome.

Cheers,

Ronny
nice-servers.com

Last edited by Ronny,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Does this thing executes a ping request from your servers? My router has disabled answering to ping requests and after getting multiple timeouts I was wondering what’s wrong for five minutes.

EDIT: I’m so stupid.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

Spike Himself

TC

It is very clearly explained in the post above AND on the website it links to..

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Ijantis

<80 ping is green?

just have a look @havok. He’s still playing “green” with ping ~200 ;-)

AnimaL

Quoted from Ijantis

<80 ping is green?

?? :D anything over 60ms is unplayable (or should i say, needs time to get used to) so how do u consider 80 green ? :D

Last edited by AnimaL,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]?? :D anything over 60ms is unplayable (or should i say, needs time to get used to) so how do u consider 80 green ? :D

Marketing baby. You’re not going to have potential customers, who have already come as far as actually visiting your site, be disappointed by a non-green image as the result of a ping test. It’s a small thing but it’s how it works.
Also it’s not like having 80 ping makes the game incredibly unplayable.

Spike is absolutely right. That’s the way it goes. Btw, Spike is not addicted to nice-servers.com in any way. ;-)

octochris

(0v0)

If you think 100ms is unplayable you’re a dribbling spastic. This game has lagcomp the last time I checked, it just takes time to get used to a different lagcomp output.

Biohazard

IDK

I once played with american dude pinging 120+ to our server and pulling double airs like a boss. I do believe it is a matter of getting used to.

AnimaL

doesnt work

ie8/opera

Thx Animal. Did some SEO during last night which changed the url the script points to. It’s fixed now. Tested it with IE, Firefox and Chrome.

Cheers,

Ronny
nice-servers.com

Add A Reply Pages: 1