x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

My Gaming Edge 6v6 League

Created 16th November 2010 @ 22:35

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Skyride

DUCS

Hey guys, I’m sure plenty of you will have heard through word of mouth anyway, but regardless.

My Gaming Edge is starting a new 6v6 league in NA. It may be targeted at the american teams, but EU teams are still free to enter. Here’s the official news post on MGE about it:
http://mygamingedge.com/mge-6v6-league-proposition/

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Skyride

My Gaming Edge is starting a new 6v6 league in NA. It may be targeted at the american teams, but EU teams are still free to enter.

Free to enter is kind of ironic in this case :D

Anyway, good luck to them, should be good for the NA scene.

Last edited by RaCio,

Hildreth

Pander
Pander

Maybe if you register a team they might ban you for multiple IP’s being registered on the team.

Still hope the league is a success for the sake of TF2.

Ghostface

spire

Hey guys, I heard ETF2L made this Highlander competition. It mostly targets euros but north americans are still free to-ohwait

Had to be said.

RaCio

GoT²

You might have missed the catch where MGE is mainly a pay to play league…

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from RaCio

pay to play

If that means you get opponents who actually bother replying to schedule proposals, I’ll welcome a european version.

RaCio

GoT²

Why would it ever mean that?

It is a means to get income for the prizes and other stuff. Scheduling is a league thing enforced by rules and policies.

Spike Himself

TC

I can’t imagine anyone entering a pay to play league and then not bother scheduling matches. You paid for it, after all. Not playing your games would be a waste of money.

Lazy opponents is only an example, though.

Regardless, I doubt it’s going to work at all. 90% of the community would ridicule the idea of paying for a league.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Spike Himself

Regardless, I doubt it’s going to work at all. 90% of the community would ridicule the idea of paying for a league.

Do your home work mate. :P

ESEA is the main league in NA and thats pay-to-play. Infact its actually more expensive than MGE is planning to be.

tesco

mrp.

i guess, you have to pay to play in ems too, but maybe i’m wrong

Last edited by tesco,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Skyride

in NA

Oh shi-

Tikcus

In theory there is nothing wrong with a pay to play league. As long as you get something for your money, I like the fact that more than just the top teams have a chance of winning something.

If MGE gave everyone who pays to play, access to all their premium content whilst that league season is running, it may well be worth the entrance fee alone (or do you have to sign up to content before joining the league?)

I hope it is succeeds

RaCio

GoT²

The content part is different from the league fee part.

The league fee will be 15-30 bucks per season according to the pdf.

Greg

TEZC

Quoted from tesco

i guess, you have to pay to play in ems too, but maybe i’m wrong

I thought you only needed a premium account for the EPS leagues not the EMS leagues, but i may be wrong

Add A Reply Pages: 1