x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Highlander config

Created 23rd August 2010 @ 01:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Edd

T2P

Hi, im not aware if there is currently a highlander config available if so this should be locked :)

Basically everytime i use my server for a highlander game i exec the etf2l standard config and then have to change certain things, like mp_highlander 1 and mp_winlimit 1.

can someone please create a highlander config so all i have to type is exec highlander.cfg

Ty

octochris

(0v0)

Download and edit etf2l.cfg

IT’S SO DIFFICULT!

Edd

T2P

it is :<

RaCio

GoT²

We’ll make that easier soon

crzfst

Don’t be a lazy fool eddy.

JimmyBreeze

k^m

I could be wrong but I don’t think mp_highlander 1 is a good idea.

If your medic starts timing out/goes AFK in spawn, you can’t change someone to medic until the server actually drops him.

Also means you can’t switch classes unless someone moves to spec, right? And it’s against the rules to move to spec mid-game, yet you might wanna switch classes with one of your mates.

Last edited by JimmyBreeze,

Skyride

DUCS

Jimmy has a good point actually. I’ve always felt server-enforced class limits on a match server is like getting the army in to arrest someone who dropped a piece of litter. If someone can’t stick to the rules in terms of classes, why would you want to play them in the first place?

Hunt3r

LAME

so lets say on a server the class limit isnt set to one, could i move spawns? lets say i change to pyro and then back to soldier? i wouldnt say this is forbidden because i dont take part of the gamepaly as a pyro…
but what is official?

RaCio

GoT²

Don´t see a problem with moving spawns. It´s a valid tactic in pubs and 6v6.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Spawn jumping is fine afaik. The config should allow more than 1 of each class anyway, just in case your medic time’s out or something, someone else can jump in his shoes to save the day!

[FOG] yu

hey hey!
exactly, we need to have a chance for a “spawn jump”.. i think)

Quoted from JimmyBreeze

I could be wrong but I don’t think mp_highlander 1 is a good idea.

If your medic starts timing out/goes AFK in spawn, you can’t change someone to medic until the server actually drops him.

also, if you wanna mess around in warmup, it makes it a bugger to get to your main class ready for the game itself.
atm we’ve just been using the ACTUAL etf2l cfg and altering time/winlimit according to the map. having a highlander cfg involves adding unnecessary hastle.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from [FOG] yu

hey hey!
exactly, we need to have a chance for a “spawn jump”.. i think)

Commiting suicide will have the same effect, just it makes more sense to change class. You can suicide once in spawn and re-spawn instantly. Medics and demos often do it in 6v6 to get a better spawn position, but it works for spawn jumping too.

[FOG] yu

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Commiting suicide will have the same effect, just it makes more sense to change class. You can suicide once in spawn and re-spawn instantly. Medics and demos often do it in 6v6 to get a better spawn position, but it works for spawn jumping too.

oh.. thaks for advice, i’ll try it) command ‘kill’ will do this job?)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

As far as I am aware, once you’re out of lockout, killing yourself using ‘kill’ anywhere on the map will kill you, not jump spawn.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »