x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

My. Gaming. Edge.

Created 7th August 2010 @ 22:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

djc

d2f~

http://mygamingedge.com/podcast-2/

New episode of the podcast up, featuring Epsilon’s scouts, both past and present.

kaidus

WiK?

Need to get one of those swanky IRC update things.

djc

d2f~

My Gaming Edge’s premium subscriber section launched today, with the first three premium videos being posted, featuring content from eMg’s YZ50, and probably more relevant to the interests of everyone here, TCM’s Numlocked and FB’s Exfane.

http://mygamingedge.com/

Hildreth

Pander
Pander

Well I checked it out, not very much money for like 1 month (equivalent of 1 pint down the pub) so I think it is definately worth buying one month, but there isn’t much content available atm – though I know there wil be more. Presuming that they don’t suddenly remove content after a while, it will be worth to hang on a few weeks see what else they put up there.

Can I make a suggestion? Since in your own words CB, TF2 is 95% about teamwork and I am sure these demos will say a lot of helpful stuff about teamwork…etc. One thing I wonder is for my team, most of us except me and one other guy have NO interest in paying for something like this. However, me and the one that do would really like to share this stuff so I am wondering, even if it means jacking the cost up a bit if there is a possibility that you can make a ‘team membership subscription package’ or something. There is potential for abuse and stuff, but I am sure if you limit this team package to like 6 people in a team registered on MGE, make sure you can link their steam/ETF2L profiles…etc. Would take a lot of work and thought but for me if I brought premium membership, I am sort of thinking “great that I know this…what about the rest of m team?” I mean it is not the same thing me trying to describe it to them then them actually watching (I don’t mind paying a bit extra so the whole team gets the benefits…)

RaCio

GoT²

I doubt they will do that and they will be checking extensively for people lending out accounts. ( http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/forums/thread/431617/?cpage=1 6&12 )

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Gonna take a premium account too. I like the previews alot :)

And no, you prolly won’t get a shared account mate. They are very cautious about that.

freakz

[8U]

Hate this premium thing, it has come to every game, thing what i liked about tf2 is that ppl are kind enough to help you and so on. But as far as i’ve seen the NA scene just needs money, dosent matter how much, the idea of paying is useless imo. One more reason to like the EU scene over NA, ESEA costs, and now this, lol. It’s just my oppinion im stating here, no need to start a flamewar, i just think that it’s useless…

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from freakz

Hate this premium thing, it has come to every game, thing what i liked about tf2 is that ppl are kind enough to help you and so on. But as far as i’ve seen the NA scene just needs money, dosent matter how much, the idea of paying is useless imo. One more reason to like the EU scene over NA, ESEA costs, and now this, lol. It’s just my oppinion im stating here, no need to start a flamewar, i just think that it’s useless…

Theres helping people and then theres taking advantage tbh. Byte for example did alot with tf2 mentors and shoutcasting and a whole host of other things. But writing indepth guides to medic, creating videos with dubbing over the top and articles etc which take up plenty of time why not earn a few quid from it?
Think of it as a small part time job, the question is why should you freeload off peoples time without giving anything back? :p

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

No one is forcing you to pay and there was nothing like this before to that level from so many top players and like anyone of you would turn down money to write and make demos about tf2

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Agreed *heavily nodding* with the two posts above.

I find it normal to contribute to some extend to people that put alot of work in my hobby :) If you simply upload a demo, then no: 5 dollar is too much. But these are extensive guides with audio/video, that took hours and hours to make im sure. If my 5 dollar helps to keep that site up, Im up for it.

Last edited by Andee,

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Tapley ❤

writing indepth guides to medic, creating videos with dubbing over the top and articles etc which take up plenty of time why not earn a few quid from it?

Because everyone else does it for free? And besides, the articles (except those of djc) don’t even touch the quality of cadred and vanilla.

edit: And I’m not even mentioning charging people to download demos…

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from RaCio

[…]Because everyone else does it for free? And besides, the articles (except those of djc) don’t even touch the quality of cadred and vanilla.

Then if whats being offered is not better than what people currently do for free im sure this venture will go nowhere ;-). If its better, more time spent on it and of more quality people will pay, so time will tell mon aime.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

i want a euro for every relay slot weve ever created

byte

Many thanks for your kind words Tappers love j00 <3.

Yes I mentor for free have given so many demos out to even the very best such as numlocked/nos and others for example. Still no charge, couldn't care less about the money and CB knows this as even for the free content I provided I didn't take a charge even though he offered one.

I told CB that the quality of the project (videos especially) would have to be supreme for this project of his to succeed, I am trying my utmost best to make my premium videos 110%. The free one given was about 90% for example I'm sure I could of done a 6th retake of the audio and improved it a bit more and so on but it was free so…

I had to spend over 5/6hours for the latest one I have done after doing the audio again for the 8th time I think, I was satisfied that the information I was giving was MUCH more that I could ever give in a mentor session.

As I get the functionality to stop & start and go back, makes it even more valuable. If the price was ridiculous then I would agree as I'm not in agreement with charging much if anything. Simple rule is, If you can find someone willing and is ABLE to give off the same advice with quality for free, then no one is twisting your arm to subscribe. If you don't like it then don't pay/care etc…

Me spending my time to provide something for others to learn off is not such a crime. I am still mentoring and yes its for free and always will be, will be Ai.'s clan today *cough* Konr.

Anyway my clip will be up sometime next week CB told me so hope you like it.

Cheers

Byte

Spike Himself

TC

I very much like what I’ve seen in the premium section. There’s nothing quite like it anywhere else. The half hour long pov-demos with commentary are amazing and incredibly helpful. Enjoyed watching these very much indeed. Exfane’s strong dutch accent is especially appealing!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »