x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

My. Gaming. Edge.

Created 7th August 2010 @ 22:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next »

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Don’t take my example as being perfectly correct for what CB is planning. I was just sharing my concern at the “I don’t want to lose money” pity statements and questioning their validity.

infussle

im well aware of the concept. My point is where the business is marketted at: TF2 Competitive community. This is already a niche market and hard to break into. Now factor in how many people are willing pay whatever premium in order to get better at tf2, especially as the majority of advice is already free if you ask the right people. Lets face it, tf2 isn’t hard to get good at on a personal level (fragga), and i very much doubt each writer is willing to put enough effort to personalise their articles to each team (If they are, i missed something somewhere). Yes, this concept works for other games such as starcraft because of the depth and benefit from high level players. Again, this is already free (day9) although people still try it: http://www.gosucoaching.com/

TL;DR: “And if you need something like this to get good at TF2, then you probably aren’t cut out for div1 to begin with.”

Last edited by infussle,

FADe

Seriously, you just don’t start something like this NOT to make a profit. Random people can keep popping up with well written sentences and paragraphs about how this guy isn’t set out for making money, and how non of the players who are writing the content are either and that they’re all doing it for the scene. Not buying it though, there’s literally a thousand better ways to invest time into the tf2 scene. Why would someone want to pay to get better when we have an amazing service like tf2 mentor?

“I’m assuming its incentive for pros to keep giving to the community. I mean after all, they earned their talent and skills through practice, why not share their knowledge at a premium.” #54

TF2 is one of the easiest FPS games you can play, if you can’t improve from practice, watching demo’s and using the services that are already in existence such as the mentor project which is unique to TF2 and offers 1on1 tuition then you need to come to terms with the fact you cant and wont improve at any game.

Last edited by FADe,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from FADe

TF2 is one of the easiest FPS games you can play

As long as we are talking about competitive aspects, it’s pretty much true (compared to Q3 for example). But if you are generalizing here, I can’t disagree more.

Memento Mori

Quoted from Vazzan

I liked what I read apart from below;
[…]
I don’t think that is the case, I think in the EU scene TF2 is doing pretty well, getting more popular with LAN events and MGO’s are really backing the game, and for community well just watch videos of the final from i39 as an example

yeah, i thought that line was retarded as well

wai

TEZC
TEZC

srs is this real? i mean cmon ????????????????????

F2

Danmark

<— italic font!

Last edited by F2,

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from F2

<— italic font!

cunt.

AnimaL

Quoted from F2

<— italic font!