x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

My. Gaming. Edge.

Created 7th August 2010 @ 22:54

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

-CB

MyGamingEdge is a new Team Fortress 2 project based out of North America. Its goal is to bridge the gaps between low levels and higher levels of competitive TF2 by providing commentary, tactical discussion, tutorials, and general playing tips from the highest levels of the North American and European competitive communities. It is no shock to anyone that on both continents, the community has always been a bit lacking in terms of not only training content, but well-written coverage as well. Run by CB, medic for Evil Geniuses, the site has brought together players such as Team CoolerMaster’s Byte; compLexity’s Enigma; blight’s Platinum; eMg’s Yz50; EG’s Dummy; and Dignitas’s Darn.

The goal of MGE is not to make money, even though it charges a subscription fee for its premium content. Rather, its goal is to invest in Team Fortress 2 in order that it may grow. CB is putting in his time and effort to the actual maintenance of the site, and each player-trainer has to devote time out of already busy playing schedules to give away their personal playing “secrets.” In the history of Team Fortress 2, top players have been relentlessly tight-lipped about letting their tactics and signature maneuvers be known by the public. Demos have been released with less frequency, mentor numbers are dropping, and the only sources of competitive knowledge are outdated or incomplete. MGE hopes to address all of these problems, in addition to making itself the center of all TF2 news, gossip, league coverage and more.

MyGamingEdge intends to launch on Monday, August 9th 2010; failing that, it will go live in the early part of the same week. Specific content includes two premium videos a week (as narrated by the players themselves), a set of forums where you can ask individual players questions, a weekly podcast featuring compLexity’s Pure and caster eXtine (week one’s episode features ESEA-Invite season six champions, Blight.own), and a weekly collection of articles/melees/predictions. To start off on a good foot, the site is running a giveaway featuring prizes (with a total value of over $500) such as an iPod Touch and an iPod Nano. To be eligible for the drawing, you must register for a premium account. Membership is $4.99 per month, or $24.99 per 6 month period.

It has been nearly three years that Team Fortress 2 has existed in a competitive environment, and overall community effort has been a joke during that time. With ESEA on the verge of dying, it truly shows how little we are willing to put into a game that most of us claim to love. Everyone has a part to play in keeping TF2 alive and stimulating its growth, and for this game to end up heading down the right path, we need not only the top players to put in their due share, but for each person outside of that to do the same.

Come support TF2’s competitive community at My. Gaming. Edge.

Contact CB in #mygamingedge on irc.gamesurge.net with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Last edited by -CB,

Imperium

Sounds pretty good, wondering what kind of stuff non-premium users miss out on. Gl!

djc

d2f~

there’s a shitload of effort and time being put into this site so i hope you guys all support it to the fullest extent you can!

nvc

if you don’t want to make money, what’s the membership for?

Just be honest, you’re copying the css community because you think you can make money out of it.

Cheers, nVc.

Last edited by nvc,

-CB

the membership is for the fact that in order to get the content needed for this site i have to pay out to a lot of different people. I will be fine with losing money every month as long as its not most of what i put in. trust me, im not in this for the money and don’t need it.

I think it’s a good thing!

+1

Even if you do earn something, which you don’t then it doesn’t matter…because stuff like this makes tf2 community bigger and more and more eSport sites sponsor tf2…

so gogogogo and don’t stop…

nvc

Quoted from -CB

the membership is for the fact that in order to get the content needed for this site i have to pay out to a lot of different people. I will be fine with losing money every month as long as its not most of what i put in. trust me, im not in this for the money and don’t need it.

So what exactly are you paying them to write content? I bet my life it’s nothing compared to your projected figures.

If you want to see tight lipped gaming, go look at cs, wc3, sc2. TF2 is far from tight lipped – anybody can download STVs and players often “mentor” or give interviews.

Good luck though and sorry for being harsh, i just do not beleive in premium tf2 guides.

Last edited by nvc,

-CB

Not going to get into specific numbers, but as I said before I will be losing money. I have a lot invested into the site.

nvc

Fair enough. I love byte, darn and pure so i wish you all the best.

-CB

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

I liked what I read apart from below;
Quoted from -CB

It has been nearly three years that Team Fortress 2 has existed in a competitive environment, and overall community effort has been a joke during that time.

I don’t think that is the case, I think in the EU scene TF2 is doing pretty well, getting more popular with LAN events and MGO’s are really backing the game, and for community well just watch videos of the final from i39 as an example

djc

d2f~

yeah the write-up was mostly geared towards americans but still holds relevance towards euros since despite the amazing 2 (two!!!) lans in i40/assembly, there’s still not a whole lot of bright future ahead in tf2 atm

Ramown

TIDS

Quoted from Vazzan

I liked what I read apart from below;
[…]
I don’t think that is the case, I think in the EU scene TF2 is doing pretty well, getting more popular with LAN events and MGO’s are really backing the game, and for community well just watch videos of the final from i39 as an example

+1

Skyride

DUCS

ETF2L is still the only real league though, theres not a lot else going on. ;)

byte

I think the idea is good, but I think the execution and quality will have to be top notch.

Ziggy watch out for an example soon to be free (courtesy from me to mygamingedge) and let me know.

I know what you mean, I think the articles are gonna have to be so immaculate and just “tf2 changing” to a player. Also it has to be sold to the right person not just anyone as to a div 2 player it might not be so useful compared to a div 6 depending on what they are looking for and so on.

So the risks are high, but this guy CB likes alot of risks :P I believe he lives off em ;) So lets see how it pans out…

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »