x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Pixel Gaming 900fps TF2DM Server

Created 15th June 2010 @ 22:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from AnimaL

HOW THE FUCK YOU TELL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 250 AND 500FPS SERVERS??? FUCKING ANDROID PPL :D

Because Animal, we are actually somewhat decent at video games. :D

Anyway, bassically +1 to Ronny said. I’m not selling “OMG 1000FPS SERVAR” or “LOLWUT 500FPS SERVER!!”, I’m just using the average stable FPS as a way to quantify the quality of my servers.

My aim is just to provide good servers at a somewhat reasonable price, what could possibly be wrong with that?

AnimaL

never seen a div1 team going “omg only 250fps? fo”

guess why

AnAkkk

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Because Animal, we are actually somewhat decent at video games. :D

Anyway, bassically +1 to Ronny said. I’m not selling “OMG 1000FPS SERVAR” or “LOLWUT 500FPS SERVER!!”, I’m just using the average stable FPS as a way to quantify the quality of my servers.

My aim is just to provide good servers at a somewhat reasonable price, what could possibly be wrong with that?

I can understand you are trying to provide good servers, but why are you advertising the FPS? This is unneeded and just makes it look like an other FPS scam.
A stable 300 FPS will not change anything from a stable 750 FPS.

AnimaL

fps earns money

can understand

yet feels sad for ppl who care

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

How about a test skyride, run 5 lobbies on it tonight at set different FPS (300, 500, 1000 or whatever) and change it each time, then everyone who thinks they can tell the difference can join up and guess which games were played on which FPS at the end.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from SnowiE

How about a test skyride, run 5 lobbies on it tonight at set different FPS (300, 500, 1000 or whatever) and change it each time, then everyone who thinks they can tell the difference can join up and guess which games were played on which FPS at the end.

There are a lot more in the way of factors to consider than mere FPS.

AnAkkk

Quoted from SnowiE

People could cheat and check the FPS value by using net_graph 4.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from octochris

[…]

There are a lot more in the way of factors to consider than mere FPS.

Ye, pretty much this. However after having a look at the technicalities involved in attaining FPS, I’ve actually decided to do something a little different that I’m sure even anakin would approve of. ;)

But ye, I was running a couple of tf2lobbies last night for stress testing anyway.

edit:
Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

People could cheat and check the FPS value by using net_graph 4.

That too. :P

Last edited by Skyride,

hapha

Quoted from Azdean

“Thank you pixel gaming for providing us with another TF2DM server to play on, we appreciate you supporting the community” :P

http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/game-servers/counter-strike-source-2000-fps/

LikeThis

What happened to this server? I liked it :(

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from LikeThis

What happened to this server? I liked it :(

I had it to take it down while I sorted some stuff out for the admin panel, Hopefully will be back up later today. :)

btw, Pixel Gaming is now open for buisness!

Last edited by Skyride,

Tobyy

TEZC
Pixie <3

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3751/fagsj.png
Bing.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Tobyy

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3751/fagsj.png
Bing.

fixed*