x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Pixel Gaming 900fps TF2DM Server

Created 15th June 2010 @ 22:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

kuma

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/athlon-ii-x3-440-gaming-performance,review-31906-2.html

have a read of that, but the human eye can see a hell of a lot more than 20 fps, test it yourself, load up tf2 set the fps_max to 20, play for 5 min, then set fps_max 60, and play for 5 min, you should be able to tell the difference

tik, you really need to practice detecting sarcasm…

Tikcus

Quoted from Skyride

FPS stability is vastly more important than the actual FPS

btw THIS ^

If the server FPS deviation is > 10 it is probably a bad server to play on.

As skyride posted the server is testing stable at 840fps, which to me sounds like a good server to play on, not for the 840FPS, but because IT IS STABLE

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from octochris

[…]

At a certain point (beyond 500 perhaps) it becomes near-placebo. If you truly can’t feel the difference between a server at constant 66fps and 500fps then you are massively unattentive :)

Ye, pretty much.

Personally having spent the last couple of weeks fiddling around with different configurations, I find its ~600fps+ where you can’t feel the difference, but as I say thats actively paying attention to it, not just playing. Also if you didn’t look at my site it specifically states I will not be selling 1000fps servers from day 1 anyway, that’ll be at some point in the future if theres demand for it. Just 500fps servers to start with (which are currently testing stable at about 540fps, will get a tf2lobby later today at some point to stress test it).

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Skyride

edit: Benchmark just finished: http://pixelgaming.eu/benchmarks/tf2dm_1.png

Your test finished an hour before it started. Nifty :D

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Your test finished an hour before it started. Nifty :D

Ye lol, I thought that myself. Ah well, its not my site/software that did that benchmark so not me to blame! :D

You should know two things:

1) There is a difference between 100, 250, 500 and 1000 FPS servers. Maybe not noticable by everyone. But technically there is a difference. But I think noone can feel a difference between 840, 950, 970, 999, 1000.

2) FPS stability is much more important but due to the Source engine 100% stability is only possible when

a) One srcds process per cpu core
b) SourceTV disabled

So if you rent a server you’ll never get 100% stability because no gsp hosts only e.g. 4 gameservers on one machine.

Btw, 1000fps is the max of the source engine. There are libraries available to fake the server fps (e.g. 2000,4000, 10000 etc.). They do not make things better, even worse. So if you have an gsp with constant 1000 FPS and stv enable etc., he’s lying to you.

Spike Himself

TC

Gameservers.com claims to have 500, 1000 and 2000 FPS servers available. Are they scamming?

no, because they have 2000 fps. But the source engine cant handle more than 1000 fps so its just marketing and gaining money for nothing.

kaidus

WiK?

Rofl what fucking sad act has deleted my posts twice now?

Bottom line: Anakin give it a rest jesus.

Azdean

WTH!?

Is it really hard to just say “Thank you pixel gaming for providing us with another TF2DM server to play on, we appreciate you supporting the community” :P

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Ronny

no, because they have 2000 fps. But the source engine cant handle more than 1000 fps so its just marketing and gaining money for nothing.

It’s probably just me being thick.. But if the source engine can’t handle more than 1k FPS, then how is selling 2k not a scam?

Quoted from Azdean

Is it really hard to just say “Thank you pixel gaming for providing us with another TF2DM server to play on, we appreciate you supporting the community” :P

Also this.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

AnimaL

HOW THE FUCK YOU TELL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 250 AND 500FPS SERVERS??? FUCKING ANDROID PPL :D

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

It’s probably just me being thick.. But if the source engine can’t handle more than 1k FPS, then how is selling 2k not a scam?

[…]

Also this.

Maybe compare it with cars/motorways. You can have a car which can run at 300km/h but only 100 are allowed. I know thats its not the best comparision :)

dougiie

CotC

enough of the fucking fps chat.

Talk about how the actual server is, and give constructive feedback to adam since he just set this all up.

Wiiking

there is no one there :(!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »