Forum

Typical meta and the role of specialty classes?

Created 23rd March 2017 @ 18:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Furahvo

Hey everyone, Im here today on the forums asking a question about the competetive meta. Bear in mind that im here as part of the fresh meat challenge and am hoping to familarize myself with the competetive scene.

I understand roles of the typical meta outfit for 6s, but my question lies within how to know if im making a good decision including specialty classes.

I have recently talked with a pyro who wants to do the fresh meat challenge and he seems rather swell. I would like to include him on my team but this brings up several questions for me.

For example, if I were to include him as a pyro, (which im hoping to do since thats what he likes to play, and I want everyone to have fun and play with their best class) what class would he replace?

Also what are the best tactics a pyro can employ in a typical comp game?
Also whats his synergy with classes like the scout and demo man?
What ways does he best support the team (aside form the obvious such as airblasting)?

While im on the subject what about other classes such as sniper and spy?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RATS

In my memories, off classes are allowed to 2 maximum.
It’s not forbidden to play perma offclass the whole game, by offclass, i mean Sniper / Engie / Spy / Heavy / Pyro.

Meta 6s is two scouts / two soldiers / one demoman / one medic.

If i remember, demoman and medic are obligatory.

Basically, the classes who can offclass efficiently are scouts and the soldier roamer.

Furahvo

I was thinking that was the case. Thank you for giving me more information on the topic. <3

4hp

Well, you have to keep in mind pyro is a pretty weak class in most combat situations and you’d probably be better off using a second scout or soldier, BUT… you can probably make it work since the skill level in this cup will be pretty low. I’ve played perma pyro in open 6s, and it can be decent if the enemy scouts are not that good, but otherwise they’ll munch you easily.

If you’re set on running a pyro: try to keep him close to your med and demo and have him protect them from spam, jumping soldiers, flanking scouts etc. Think of him as a little protective bubble for your important classes. He won’t do a lot of damage but denying enemy damage can be just as important.

Also, teams you play against might get pissed off that you’re running offclasses too often, but in a cup like this I suspect there’s going to be a lot of shenanigans happening. So it’s your call.

Last edited by 4hp,

Jan

(League Admin)
|FV|

Quoted from 30.06

In my memories, off classes are allowed to 2 maximum.

Not exactly true. Class limits are:

2.1.1 Gamemode: 6on6, Medic, Heavy, Engineer, Sniper, Pyro and Demoman limit 1, Classlimit 2

Gamemode for 6on6 competitions is Medic limit 1, Heavy limit 1, Engineer limit 1, Sniper limit 1, Pyro limit 1, Demoman limit 1 and Limit 2 for other classes.

And what 4hp said. Enemies getting pissed off by annoying pyro can also give you the mental advantage. ;)

Beside running perma offclasses they can be useful when defending last. On smaller last points with tight chokes (like badlands or gullywash) pyro can deny whole enemy uber. On more open last points (process, granary) heavy is usually more useful. And of course engineer if you have enough time to get at least lvl2 gun up in time.

extrasolar

officer
TC

https://muuki.tumblr.com/post/152043147558/

I hope this can help

Add A Reply Pages: 1