Forum

Demoman Rollout Question Number #1

Created 5th June 2012 @ 17:15

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Ankeli, k?

I had a little discussion with my team about demoman rollouts. I wasn’t sure so i decided to ask from you guys.

Which is more important thing to demoman (cp_badlands)?

1. Arriving to mid few seconds slower with full hp and not blocking THE DOOR, but arriving almost same time as opponent’s demoman and damaging whole team normally.
or
2. Arriving to mid little earlier than opponent’s demoman with 68% hp and blocking the THE DOOR, by taking the chance not dying to scouts.

I would liked to have some wise discussion and relevant opinions.

octochris

(0v0)

Obviously 2, although you should be arriving with much more than 70% hp.

Last edited by octochris,

rytis

PrettyGay

if u manage to lock their house in you pretty much have the mid, your scouts should watch your ass.
if you are faster than their demo its a natural advantage, as you can launch a sticky to his face so that he’s more damaged and your aggro soldier can pick him more easily + if their demo is too low he needs to hold more passive, which gives you more point presence.
dunno why would you want to be slow to a mid really tho..

Ankeli, k?

Ive got killed numerous times, because “going too fast” to the mid with 70% hp. Usually its their scouts who kills me.

Ankeli, k?

Ive heard some ones said that its good, if you block opponent’s house, but its better for whole team, that demoman has more hp in mid.

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

get early stickes on demo then focus scouts and let your sollies finish their demo off

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Ankeli, k?

Ive got killed numerous times, because “going too fast” to the mid with 70% hp. Usually its their scouts who kills me.

hold your train or between the train and your house tell your scouts to stay closer to you on mids, watch what their scouts doing on mid, if for example they’ve done the same thing for a few mids and it worked try to figure out how to counter it

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

By getting there at 70% hp you either –

1) Went balcony (rather defensive rollout).
2) Medic messed up the heals on your rollout (or you jumped before getting a full buff).

Personally speed is overrated, just bomb in and watch everyone panic at the sight of a flying demoman.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

If you constantly die when you’re fast to mid, either your scouts are shit or you are too agressive.

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

You have to realise, what is your job on mid and in general (they’re more or less the same): Area denial/control through stickybomb usage (blocking enemy’s door) and doing damage.

Emphasizing on the first element, area denial, is what you try to obtain ideally in midfights. But underlying to that aspect, what you’re basically doing is removing players from the fight and tip the scales in your team’s favor in terms of damage and threat. If you manage to damage the enemy demoman through whatever rollout and force him all the way into choke making his spam less effective; or even better, making him defend himself, you remove pressure that was initially on your team and this should give your team some minor advantage.

So to give a more direct answer: If you can get away with being lower hp but faster (and you have a clear advantage on their demo in terms of speed) go for it. Just call to your scouts that at least one of them helps you out.
If you can’t get away with that due to either their scouts ripping you apart or the enemy demo being just as fast, go for a different rollout or a bit slower and higher hp.
Just keep in mind what your job is as a demo and you should be fine.

Hope this helps!

Add A Reply Pages: 1