Forum

Main Calling

Created 23rd July 2011 @ 12:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Oxy

TC.Express

A couple of months ago I decided to make the change from scout to medic and with this came the role of main calling in my team.

So my question to you is what makes a decent main caller? (and if anyone wants to help me personally that would be great too <3)

Orchid

|=3

ask triobot, he is loud as fuck.

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

confidence

Bonkers

Quoted from Oxy

A couple of months ago I decided to make the change from scout to medic and with this came the role of main calling in my team.

So my question to you is what makes a decent main caller? (and if anyone wants to help me personally that would be great too <3)

Calling pushes, what rollouts for the team to do like valley or house. and yell at teammates when they don’t obey

Nikola

Quoted from Orchid

+1

Asteryz

Br0
Chive

Your teammates need to trust you make the right calls. If they question all your calls there is no point making them.

Dummy

your calls are right no matter what, don’t let anybody criticise you in-game or dispute a call
know that you may graciously allow them to do the above after game if they ask you nicely beforehand and bring flowers
scream at your team until they mindlessly follow your orders like perfect robot-gamers
(c) Grimbar

AeZ!

TP

Don’t give your teammates a second to think about you’re talking now, they MUST do whatever you say even if it’s very stupid and probably unhelpful in the end.

You must know how to silence others too, because when someone starts talking shit it may interrupt in your calls.

It’s like you are the brain of the team, they are just parts of the body, they rely on you and listen to your orders, if its not like that, work on it :)

Ryssen

re#
Chive

Quoted from Asteryz

Your teammates need to trust you make the right calls. If they question all your calls there is no point making them.

Or you just do as me, scream loud as fuck and rage. Isn’t that right Asteryz?

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Call pushes/rollouts are most common and telling your team to regroup…etc

No need to overcomplicated things; people have their individual jobs and as a medic you should be telling people they are overextending. You can’t always control your team, you got to know their styles of play and work with it. Not to mention they need to think for themselves, at a higher level people generally do think for themselves and make good choices but lower levels it is more difficult but telling everyone to ‘get back to last’ including your roamer who is in a good position to make a play and force them outside and give you advantage – well it is sort of restricting your teams freedom and you should encourage some creativity rather than being a dictator.

But yeah main thing is just the general stuff, if people ignore calls then you should get mad, very mad.

I think there was a guide to main calling somewhere on the interwebs, perhaps if you find it may be a helpful.

Saadyst

~

Quoted from Hildreth

well it is sort of restricting your teams freedom and you should encourage some creativity rather than being a dictator.

True, but first make sure your team is doing the basics you expect from them, making sure they understand the consequence of any “creative” ideas they might be thinking of – if they constantly do stupid shit, restrict it.

Colt.

swimp

shout louder.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Be able to make the team understand, what you want, and execute your orders swiftly. Also – there’s no need to be screaming all the time if you are able to keep the mumble calm, cause the caller’s mood usually rubs off on your mates.

Pricee

has $w@G

insult your team every 5 second, shout FUCK SAKE when you die and rage at people not listening to you

atomic-

Quoted from Orchid

+2

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »