Forum

Mumble overlay and steam ingame overlay problem

Created 31st August 2010 @ 15:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1

luzik

Suoli
moog

I have a really annoying problem. If I have my mumble overlay enabled my steam ingame overlay stops working. Buttons shouldn’t be the problem (mumble push-to-talk button is mouse4 and steam ingame button is Break). Yes, I do have got this problem always, it just got more annoying since I moved to fullscreen instead of windowed mode. Steam ingame overlay started working right when I disabled my mumble overlay. Don’t say “disable mumble overlay” since I’m not going to do that. Feel free to ask more about the problem at IRC or this topic.

frymaster

tried the mumble 1.2.3 snapshot?

though if you do – one of the things they are testing is a new “exclusive” mode for input & output. Lower latency but it’s the only thing that can use the device (ie you can’t hear game, or use in-game comms), so turn that shit off :D (it’ll be off by default when 1.2.3 final is released, but it’s on for testing)

also, the overlay layout is a LOT different

Last edited by frymaster,

luzik

Suoli
moog

I’m using version 1.2.2. Seems like the problem is somehow connected to TF2 since mumble overlay and steam overlay are working with Worms Reloaded for example.

luzik

Suoli
moog

I did nothing and now both are working. :o

E: And now again, they are not working. seriously what the fuck

Last edited by luzik,

luzik

Suoli
moog

Bump, still having this.

Spike Himself

TC

Known bug, cause unknown for as far as I’m aware.

Possible work-around:
1. Close mumble and steam (or just reboot pc)
2. Start Steam
3. Start Mumble
4. Start TF2.

luzik

Suoli
moog

Didn’t work :f

Add A Reply Pages: 1