Forum

TF2 doesn't launch...

Created 7th July 2010 @ 22:42

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Destrutor

Sup, I tried to play TF2 today and it seems to crash every time it loads. It crashes before the valve logo thing, the screen doesn’t change, literally Preparing to launch Team Fortress 2… screen disappears, if I have friends open, my name changes green for a second then back to blue.

I’ve tried all the usual crap to fix stuff – Verify and defrag of TF2, deleting clientregistry.blob, deleting everything in steam folder apart from steam.exe and steamapps, -autoconfig in launch options, -novid in launch options, restarting steam, restarting PC.

I also tried launching CSS and COD4, neither of which work. I changed my launch options back to -dxlevel 80 -sw -w 1600 -h 900 -console -noborder -nojoy -noipx -novid -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noforcemspd and am using Chris’ fps config (the one to get max frames)

Any help would be great, hopefully I can fix this without having to reinstall all my games.

Spike Himself

TC

http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-10862/

op

-dxlevel 80 -sw -w 1600 -h 900 -console -noborder -nojoy -noipx -novid -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noforcemspd

dxlevel 80 was my problem when i had this. Try removing that and see if it works.

konr

Fixed it. Deleted the entire ‘team fortress 2’ folder, and it fixed itself. I even tried redownloading, which did nothing. Just don’t delete the GCF files and it won’t take long to fix itself, they’re what have the file size.

Destrutor

That fixed it konr, ty

Add A Reply Pages: 1