Forum

Planning a laddish trip to AMSTERDAM

Created 28th December 2016 @ 16:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1

asadawarf

#ΣDM
(°)>

Hi friends :-)

Me and some guy+girl buds, 6 in total, are going to ‘dam this March. Are there any locals / knowledgeable people here who could offer some insight on where to stay / what to do?

obviously we intend to sample the local culture…

We will probably rent a self-service apartment, but would like to know what the best location would be. Is there anywhere to outright avoid? Somewhere slightly cheaper that's still got good access to the city centre would be preferred. We don't want to end up somewhere run down, or somewhere mega touristy where prices are ramped up.

And any insight into what the best clubs, coffee shops etc are would be appreciated

Thanks!

Last edited by asadawarf,

.zero

-chess-

I went to Amsterdam last year with new year’s eve. There are probably people that can give better info than me but here are my thoughts:

“Rembrandtplein” / “Leidseplein” seemed to be a pretty good place with multiple clubs for different ages… or age preferences. I can’t recall the names but I’m pretty sure you can find interesting stuff there. I’d recommend finding an appartement closeby. We had one 3km away and it wasn’t a pleasent walk in the middle of the night through some shady neighborhoods. Coffeeshops enough.

Closeby Leidseplein there’s also the street with the boutiques where you can drop your female friends while you’re going to visit the hookers. I recommend avoiding a hooker named “cheryll”.

Avoid the sex-museum. It’s incredible crowdy and boring as fuck. Not even worth the €2.

I haven’t done anything else during the 2 days I was there. So in case you actual want to visit cultural stuff, I’m sorry!

Last edited by .zero,

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

I know you said you wanna rent an apartment but you should take a look at http://www.hotelvangogh.nl/index.asp?taal=en this is where the aidsbrit mumble stayed at when we went to dam and its was a really nice place.

asadawarf

#ΣDM
(°)>

Quoted from .zero

I went to Amsterdam last year with new year’s eve. There are probably people that can give better info than me but here are my thoughts:

I haven’t done anything else during the 2 days I was there. So in case you actual want to visit cultural stuff, I’m sorry!

Thanks zero, this is all good stuff! In terms of culture, I think clubs and hookers is all we’re really going there for tbh :P we’ll try to get as close to those squares you mentioned as possible

Quoted from T0m

I know you said you wanna rent an apartment but you should take a look at http://www.hotelvangogh.nl/index.asp?taal=en this is where the aidsbrit mumble stayed at when we went to dam and its was a really nice place.

fussy girls poo-poo’d going to a hostel :( ideally we’re looking for an apartment with ample space for preparing our hagelslag 8) but if we cant get anywhere those private rooms look like a nice backup, cheers!

ducky

I don’t know if this is the type of thing you’re looking for, but as far as opportunities for food consumption goes you’ll be fucking missing out if you don’t go for dinner at the “Sumo” restaurant.

It’s all you can eat, hands down the best fucking quality most delicious japanese cuisine I’ve ever been fortunate enough to have been to.

You can select a sheer endless variety of sushi and vegetarian/meat specialties, each with their own unique sauce, which they freshly prepare and bring to your table.

Been there four times already and every time it was nothing short of being amazing.
Makes every other asian joint taste like the poor mans version of the poorer mans version of this place.

I’m really envious of the fucking dutchies for having this franchise. Fucking pricks.

Granted there’s cheaper ways to dine but the price is quickly forgotten after you take your first bite. I promise you won’t regret it.

If you plan on going there you should pick their flagship restaurant located at “Kleine-Gartmanplantsoen 17” and call ahead of time to reserve a table.
Place can be quite packed at times.

PS: Stick with weed and weed only, try to avoid the fucking mushrooms, don’t buy drugs from shady street vendors and if you’re going there with your GF don’t bother entering “De Bijenkorf” or else you’ll go broke pretty quick…

Last edited by ducky,

.zero

-chess-

Apparantly we had a appartement booked on:
http://www.shortstayreservations.com/en/amsterdam/p/1

I don’t know how you travel or where you arrive but theres like they have a information desk on the airport where you can collect the key.

Nightmare

wL.

Do weed, buy hookers, visit the amsterdam-dungeon, madam tussaud

Add A Reply Pages: 1