Forum

Streaming with 2 internet connections ?

Created 15th June 2014 @ 23:53

Add A Reply Pages: 1

basH.

hf

Hey,

I have 2 internet connections at home. A simple DSL one which im using mainly and a second one which is available for the whole building. They are both not strong enough to make it possible for me to stream.

Is it somehow possible to use one of the connections for playing and the other one for the streamtool(the upload to twitch).

Ideas are welcome :D

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

You’re gonna need a second network card, but it’s possible. If one of them is wifi and you have wifi in your pc you can use that aswell. If the mobile network in your area is solid and you get high enough uploads, you can use your phones internet to stream while playing on your wired connection aswell.

Last edited by Rake,

MH

I know a streamer who uses 2 computers to stream, 1 to play on, the other one to “capture” the images (not sure if I’m clear there). So I believe it is possible but it’ll cost a lot. The “capture” computer will need a capture card and will need to be decent enough to support streaming.

If you google all that stuff I’m sure you’ll find what you want.

Last edited by MH,

EmilioEstevez

GG

This is what “bind to interface” option is for in OBS. I’ve not set it up myself but it should be possible to stream over wifi and play over LAN or vice versa, or if your network card has more than 1 input etc.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

What Emilio said. You could also remove the default gateway on the connection you want to stream from. Then create a static route to the twitch servers through that adapter’s gateway. But that’s just a more complicated way of doing the same thing that Emilio was suggesting.

Spike Himself

TC

I don’t think bash is asking to stream from “the other network” – from what I gather he is after combining both of them to share the load, and I don’t think that’s possible.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from Spike Himself

I don’t think bash is asking to stream from “the other network” – from what I gather he is after combining both of them to share the load, and I don’t think that’s possible.

Quoted from basH.

(…)

Is it somehow possible to use one of the connections for playing and the other one for the streamtool(the upload to twitch).

Ideas are welcome :D

Spike Himself

TC

I am blind.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

:D

Add A Reply Pages: 1