Forum

A Sense of Loss After Completing a Game

Created 1st November 2011 @ 00:14

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

I was wondering if anyone has experienced a game where the story and characters really engaged them to the point where, much like you do with some books, feel a very odd sense of, almost, loss.

It kinda happened at the end of Portal 2, with the final scene and the sense of claustrophobic being lifted and the realisation that Chell had escaped.

I think that is will also happen at the end of ME3, as I am almost there from the previous two games, having invested so much into a character I am sure that it could happen there.

So, are there any games that people played like this? Or is it only me being too attached to fictional beings?

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

final fantasy 7

i really wanted to kill that motherfuckin bastard sephirot

Last edited by smziii,

octochris

(0v0)

Happened to me with GTA IV and a whole slew of other games, no doubt will happen again with ME3 :(

Spike Himself

TC

I once completed a 6v6 game with tviq… :(

rtan

-9w-

game of thrones books when (ed: I’M RYAN AND I LIKE TO GIVE AWAY MASSIVE PLOT SPOILERS) dies :(

Last edited by octochris,

arc

iSlam

Quoted from rtan

game of thrones books when (ed: I’M RYAN AND I LIKE TO GIVE AWAY MASSIVE PLOT SPOILERS) dies :(

fucking spoilers.

but yes, it happens a lot.

Portal 2 was a “…is this everything? It’s over?” ending. I’m expecting ME3 to give that feeling as well.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from rtan

WHAT THE FUCK RYAN

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from rtan

i’m going to kick your ass

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from Spike Himself

I once completed a 6v6 game with tviq… :(

hm ? WHAT HONESTLY FUCKING SPOILER

The fucking british, being the fucking scum of the earth, all the fucking time. Yes, I sometimes feel a sense of loss, as the jews were being exterminated in the holocaust, while the british were left to continue their whoremongering, giving birth to the fucking diseases that roam the TF2 community.

Genmix

bobs

wat

Linus

[d¿s]

The Uncharted games. Finished Uncharted 3 3 days ago and i cant stop thinking about it, amazing games.

WildCard

Quoted from smziii

final fantasy 7

i really wanted to kill that motherfuckin bastard sephirot

awesome game

Sunbather

maksa

Bastion, that game was amazing the story and the characters are sooo good. I recommend that game to everyone.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »