Forum

Insanity - TF2 Community Movie

Created 13th August 2011 @ 19:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Ghostface

spire

Whenever I hear “why did you rip that off from my homie??”, I am immediately reminded of this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpsons_Already_Did_It

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Luke, your movies aren’t bad, they’re just not particularly memorable. If I were to give any criticism I could talk about the font, or the switching on spire being confusing or the HUD which could very easily get overused soon. However, I dont think this would help you in the long run. I think the best criticism for you is that you dont plan ahead.
You don’t have to work on movies constantly. Have a break, think of ideas. When you add an effect think “What will this add to the movie?” Try to think outside the box. Obviously, don’t sacrifice quality for creativity. If it’s not working, remove it and try again.
You put a lot of hard work into these movies, if you were to sit back and think “How am I going to make this movie different and memorable” you could probably make a fantastic movie.
So basically, plan ahead.

atomic-

Quoted from Starkie

Luke, your movies aren’t bad, they’re just not particularly memorable. If I were to give any criticism I could talk about the font, or the switching on spire being confusing or the HUD which could very easily get overused soon. However, I dont think this would help you in the long run. I think the best criticism for you is that you dont plan ahead.
You don’t have to work on movies constantly. Have a break, think of ideas. When you add an effect think “What will this add to the movie?” Try to think outside the box. Obviously, don’t sacrifice quality for creativity. If it’s not working, remove it and try again.
You put a lot of hard work into these movies, if you were to sit back and think “How am I going to make this movie different and memorable” you could probably make a fantastic movie.
So basically, plan ahead.

YE, MAN, PLAN AHEAD

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Nice clean edit as usual.
Still liking the HUD stuff :D

ikpure

I get why you use the silly music (copyrights) but the default tf2 hud looks just fine. You should focus more on the edit itself rather than some fancy hud which does sort of take away from the frags. Your edits get boring to watch because all your videos sort of look the same. The frags were pretty good. Looking forward to see the changes in your next vid.

ikpure

Quoted from LuckyLuke

[…]
Link me the others please. Never seen it before, this is the second time I’m using it.

And btw I think consistency in editing is good, I mean look at the big YT’ers for example. (Best example is look at RWJ) The editing in their videos is always very much alike.
I know already you’re gonna say that I’m just not creative, but please try to make a bunch of frag videos yourself before you say things like that.

RWJ doesn’t make frag videos therefore he is not a good example. Consistency is good but thats no excuse for not being creative. Also your colors look the same in every video… different songs need different colors.

kaidus

WiK?

What’s wrong with the hud exactly? It displays relevant info concisely and adds a touch of identity to Luke’s movies – please explain how this is a bad thing. The only way a hud could badly impact a movie is if it cluttered the screen, was genuinely ugly, or failed to convey information that viewers wish to see – this does none of the above so can only be a positive thing.

Also as someone who doesn’t watch a whole lot of frag movies, and who therefore hasn’t seen the majority of Lukes movies this was a very enjoyable watch. Beyond a questionable font the only thing I found disappointing was the length – a fact I think more positives can be drawn from than negatives.

Take the majority of cinematic entertainment – movies, TV series, etc. After a lot of seasons a TV series runs out of ideas and becomes stale, too many movie sequels and the concept is ruined. “TF2 Frag Movie” is a pretty limited genre, most movie editors either develop slowly so there is consistent improvement in what they put out, or they peak quickly and stop making movies soon after (or do so very rarely). The only real difference between Luke and the latter is that he continually puts out quality movies (perhaps unoriginal at this point but undeniably quality), so as long as there are new viewers there will be people who enjoy them.

Last edited by kaidus,

dellort

Can I give you colour presets to use for your next movie? You’ve used the same colours for like two years now.

Lukas

ti.

Watch it in HD !

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4