Forum

cp_hybrid

Created 1st February 2019 @ 03:40

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Jack5

I worked on this map a while ago and have always been looking for a place where I can playtest it competitively. This forum post is my form of ‘throwing in the towel’ since there are essentially no publicly-available avenues to have maps tested in a 6v6 or Highlander environment. I have tested this map on non-competitive servers with similar player counts and classes to the competitive formats, and believe it is at a state where I can ask for the comp community to have a look at it themselves.

cp_hybrid’s gamemode is an odd version of 3CP. For a team to progress, they must own both the Courtyard and the Warehouse in order to unlock the ability to attack the enemy’s Intelligence Control Point (B or R, depending on the defending team). The Warehouse awards its owner with faster respawn time and access to the Sewers, a one-way passage directly into the enemy’s Intelligence Control Point. As usual, the game is won when a team owns all four control points.

I’m pretty sure map download links don’t count as referral links, but if they do, may mercy fall upon me: https://gamebanana.com/maps/200454

Adje

– How big is the difference in respawn times for the team that capped the Warehouse?
– So from what I understand, it’s not the point near Sewers that’s unlocked once you cap the Warehouse but rather a one way shutter door?

I took a quick look around and it gives me cp_standin_final vibes with indoor cp_steel aesthetics. I’m not sure how the spawn being rather far away from the ‘last point’ in Sewers would play out in combination with faster spawns for the attacking team however. And I don’t really see why a team would not try to secure the Warehouse over the actual mid point at the start of the round if that means they will get the faster spawns.

Jack5

Both teams start with a respawn wave time of 8 seconds. If a team owns the Warehouse, their respawn wave time is decreased to 6 seconds, and this change is reversed if they lose the control point.

Add A Reply Pages: 1