Forum

is comp still alive?

Created 13th January 2020 @ 20:35

Add A Reply Pages: 1

crazycalumrock

so i used to be pretty active back in the day and i’m dabbling in coming back in. but i’m under the impression tf2 comp is slowly dying (with the age of the game, i’m not all that surprised). in the last few years what’s changed? HL or 6s, whitelists, strats etc. i’d like to ease myself in and maybe get into a team because it is a lot of fun playing comp with others.

Aoshi

(Head Admin)
800dpm
m a s o n

Hey Callum, long time no see. The last major thing that has impacted is probably that medics always run at the speed of their heal target. Medics running at scout speed all over the place.

Apart from that updates have become scare, in a best case scenario we get some new bugs. So competitive has been consistently chugging along but due to this lack of updates there aren’t major meta changes anymore either.

6s got a global whitelist, which is neat, but this one has somewhat stagnated due to the same lack of updates.

We have 2 consistent LAN events within EU at this point which are Insomnia and Copenhagen games.

ESEA stopped their TF2 league in NA and RGL has taken its place.

Ingame competitive got added but its the largest shitshow in the game and got comp tf2 a bad name.

These forums are kinda dead sadly enough unless if there is drama. The tftv ones are still quite active though.

crazycalumrock

Quoted from Aoshi

Hey Callum, long time no see. The last major thing that has impacted is probably that medics always run at the speed of their heal target. Medics running at scout speed all over the place.

Apart from that updates have become scare, in a best case scenario we get some new bugs. So competitive has been consistently chugging along but due to this lack of updates there aren’t major meta changes anymore either.

6s got a global whitelist, which is neat, but this one has somewhat stagnated due to the same lack of updates.

We have 2 consistent LAN events within EU at this point which are Insomnia and Copenhagen games.

ESEA stopped their TF2 league in NA and RGL has taken its place.

Ingame competitive got added but its the largest shitshow in the game and got comp tf2 a bad name.

These forums are kinda dead sadly enough unless if there is drama. The tftv ones are still quite active though.

thanks for the update! i’m almost glad there isn’t too much change to the meta in a way, can just jump back in

Add A Reply Pages: 1